• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Varsity Athletes

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
The others being running, jumping, swimming, cycling, rowing, and judo. Does it become less pure if you need equipment? Or just less "greco-roman"...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The others being running, jumping, swimming, cycling, rowing, and judo. Does it become less pure if you need equipment? Or just less "greco-roman"...
I might venture that your average Ironman triathlete is hands down a better athletic specimen than the average wrestler. Anyone ever seen that old school greco-roman wrestling on ESPN where they lube themselves up with olive oil and reach into eachother's leather pants as they grapple about?:eek: If that's not gay, then I don't know what is.

Brett

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Brett, I take it you've never wrestled...

To get an idea of the shape it takes to wrestle, find someone about your weight (with in 2-3 pounds), put them on your shoulders, and sprint all out for 2 minutes, take a 30 sec rest, sprint for 2 more minutes, 30 sec more rest and then another 2 minute sprint. Now do that say 4 times in 3 and a half hours.

Not arguing whether or not triathletes are in great shape (they are), but just letting you know from someone who's "been there done that" with the wrestling.

And oh by the way, we don't grease up and wear leather.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett, I take it you've never wrestled...

To get an idea of the shape it takes to wrestle, find someone about your weight (with in 2-3 pounds), put them on your shoulders, and sprint all out for 2 minutes, take a 30 sec rest, sprint for 2 more minutes, 30 sec more rest and then another 2 minute sprint. Now do that say 4 times in 3 and a half hours.

Not arguing whether or not triathletes are in great shape (they are), but just letting you know from someone who's "been there done that" with the wrestling.

And oh by the way, we don't grease up and wear leather.
Actually, I have. It's still gay.:D

Brett

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are you SURE you don't want the oil?

Attachments

• karyn_parsons9.jpg
    karyn_parsons9.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 39

Schmuck

Me in High School:

Skinny, long hair, ripped jeans, metallica tshirt, cigarettes with my peeps between classes. What did they call us? Oh yeah a head-banger. But man our chicks were hot.

Is that considered a sport? If not sorry.

lombs18

Varisty ice hockey all 4 years of HS...with 3 straight state championships and a 101 game unbeaten streak :D