• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Way to go CNN!!! Just great...

xmid

pilot
Contributor
And anyone that says Al Jazeera is anything but terrorist propaganda is f-ing nuts.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Propaganda because they air terrorist and anti-American videos? And American news stations would do any differently? Were it not for censorship laws, Fox and CNN would likely show the same unedited footage of Americans shooting civilians at close range due to "collateral damage".
Just because you dislike or disagree with the manner in which information is presented, does not make it "sensationalist" or "terrorist". If an entire news network is fakked up and you are correct, perhaps YOU are the sensationalist.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I buy an issue now and then but it's EXPENSIVE. Military discount?

For the Economist? It's no more expensive than any other mag of it's caliber. I like the Economist, but it definitely has a liberal British bent.

Brett

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I actually think it is fairly conservative though there is a British bias to it but I am ok with that.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Propaganda because they air terrorist and anti-American videos? And American news stations would do any differently? Were it not for censorship laws, Fox and CNN would likely show the same unedited footage of Americans shooting civilians at close range due to "collateral damage".
Just because you dislike or disagree with the manner in which information is presented, does not make it "sensationalist" or "terrorist". If an entire news network is fakked up and you are correct, perhaps YOU are the sensationalist.

The censorship laws, by which I assume you mean the FCC regulations, don't stop them from airing such footage. The public does. The American public doesn't care to watch pictures of beheadings or close ups of people being shot. They will bombard the studio with hatemail and stop watching. TV news is a BUSINESS, first and foremost, and they give the people the news the people want.

On the other hand, some other nations, which shall remain nameless but which all receive Al-Jazeera, are filled with religious-fanatic barbarians who love that sh!t.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
The American public doesn't care to watch pictures of beheadings or close ups of people being shot.

Hollywood shootout, OJ Simpson chase, COPS, Rodney King Beatings, Ultimate Fighting (which I love BTW), professional wrestling....no we aren't sensationalist at all.:icon_roll What's everyone's favorite part of NASCAR...oh yeah...the accidents...

People are people dude...fanatics are the problem. Don't go telling me that we are any different than the average Joe anywhere else cause it just ain't so.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Hollywood shootout, OJ Simpson chase, COPS, Rodney King Beatings, Ultimate Fighting (which I love BTW), professional wrestling....no we aren't sensationalist at all.:icon_roll What's everyone's favorite part of NASCAR...oh yeah...the accidents...

People are people dude...fanatics are the problem. Don't go telling me that we are any different than the average Joe anywhere else cause it just ain't so.

I wouldn't compare any of those to a religiously motivated beheading. The equivalent here would be a televised lynching. Sensationalism is one thing, showing actual death up close--show me a major news network here that has ever done that. It would be ratings suicide.

Other countries ARE vastly different than the US. Look at the polls abroad as to the percentage of the population in Arab countries that think terrorism is justified. Look at what is actually HAPPENING in those countries for crying out loud. The value of a life is less in those countries and the value of an infidel's life is miniscule. You can give a multicultural rap all you want and say all cultures are equal and we're all the same under the dishdasha, but we don't think the same as those in other countries, as thank God for that.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I hear your points... I really do. I've done alot of graduate level research on this and the vast majority of Islamic Countries and people DO NOT believe that terrorism is justified. There are notable exceptions. Lebanon for example, where the vast majority believe terrorism is justifiable in defense of Islam. Here is some decent statistical work on this form the Pew Institute.

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=165

I also see your point about beheadings. It is true, public executions would be a more direct comparison. I would ask this though. How much unneccesary violence is shown for "entertainment value" in this country. Rape, open murder...its all in "Hollywood entertainment" and TV popularity. The reason more is not shown is because of ratings and censors. Do you really think that nobody in this country would watch? That seems naieve.

You can call it a multicultural rap all you want but until people start to realize what it is we have in common and just how similar we are, people will continue to die and kill others in the name of what makes us different. I'm no pacifist but war for dogma, rhetoric or religion is insane.

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before

Attachments

• screencap.jpg
    screencap.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 18
  • colbert-report_movies1.jpg
    colbert-report_movies1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 20
  • The_Colbert_Report_Desk-783856.jpg
    The_Colbert_Report_Desk-783856.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 21

thull

I hear your points... I really do. I've done alot of graduate level research on this and the vast majority of Islamic Countries and people DO NOT believe that terrorism is justified. There are notable exceptions. Lebanon for example, where the vast majority believe terrorism is justifiable in defense of Islam. Here is some decent statistical work on this form the Pew Institute.

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=165

I also see your point about beheadings. It is true, public executions would be a more direct comparison. I would ask this though. How much unneccesary violence is shown for "entertainment value" in this country. Rape, open murder...its all in "Hollywood entertainment" and TV popularity. The reason more is not shown is because of ratings and censors. Do you really think that nobody in this country would watch? That seems naieve.

You can call it a multicultural rap all you want but until people start to realize what it is we have in common and just how similar we are, people will continue to die and kill others in the name of what makes us different. I'm no pacifist but war for dogma, rhetoric or religion is insane.

agreed.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Come on, guys. You can't read "vast left wing conspiracy" into every single news event. What is CNN supposed to do? Grovel and beg for our forgiveness?

Brett