• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are the possibilities?

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
The Marines don't fly the F/A-18F... they fly the -D model.

And FAC(A) is not a designator for NFOs, it's a qual for a mission. Pilots get FAC(A) quals as well (but not in the -18C or -18E).

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
The Marines don't fly the F/A-18F... they fly the -D model.

And FAC(A) is not a designator for NFOs, it's a qual for a mission. Pilots get FAC(A) quals as well (but not in the -18C or -18E).

I've never seen so much bum gouge emanate from one single person ever here on airwarriors. 47 posts in a 24 hour period? Sheesh, go to sleep.

Hempdiddy

This thread rocks!

Thanks for that link to the NRD Miami. I'll be calling them tomorrow. I really hope I've got time to fly...

If not, Steve ....

Is it true SWO's command thier own ships? Is that a possiblity for a guy like me with no military history? Whats the initial commitment, 4, 6 yrs? Could you give me a crash course on a SWO's life and what its like being the new guy in a program like that?

- "Hempdiddy"

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
This thread rocks!

Thanks for that link to the NRD Miami. I'll be calling them tomorrow. I really hope I've got time to fly...

If not, Steve ....

Is it true SWO's command thier own ships? Is that a possiblity for a guy like me with no military history? Whats the initial commitment, 4, 6 yrs? Could you give me a crash course on a SWO's life and what its like being the new guy in a program like that?

- "Hempdiddy"

that's kind of like asking if infantry officers command infantry battalions-eventually, yes, but usually after a fairly lengthy and successful career with a good track record. obviously I know nothing about the specifics of a swo's job, but initially they run or help run a particular section of a ship, with responsibilities increasing with experience and good performance. as far as no military experience affecting the chances of you commanding a ship, of course not, everyone has zero military experience when they first join.