• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What NRC considers competitive

podsu

SNA - OCS
As far as I know, only aviation has consistent updated sheets; however, I do remember seeing one instance of something similar for SWO boards here. I don't think anyone would have a problem if you copied it as a template.

Although aviation boards are more popular here on the Air Warriors forums, I think that if you can manage to create your own sheets for your designators and consistently get people to use them throughout future boards, it would definitely help out future candidates that come across the Air Warriors forum just as much as the current aviation sheets.

PepperPerry

Current Teacher, Aspiring SWO
As far as I know, only aviation has consistent updated sheets; however, I do remember seeing one instance of something similar for SWO boards here. I don't think anyone would have a problem if you copied it as a template.

Although aviation boards are more popular here on the Air Warriors forums, I think that if you can manage to create your own sheets for your designators and consistently get people to use them throughout future boards, it would definitely help out future candidates that come across the Air Warriors forum just as much as the current aviation sheets.
I'm going to look into it when I get home today to see if I can get it started. No promises, but I think it would be helpful.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Hello, I'm applying for Intel BDCP and figured I'd put my stats on here... I hear applying for intel is a total crapshoot so fingers crossed
GPA: 3.71
Major: Chinese Language, minor in Computer Science graduating June 2025
OAR: 65
captain of college sports team, several leadership positions outside, etc.

Would love someone's input on whether or not my chinese major will help me or be seen as useless by NRC...
Yes, it will be useful. Mandarin is more useful than Cantonese.

Your STEM minor is also useful. Can you dual major in it and still graduate on time?

But your high GPA and OAR matter the most. Also your character.

I’d encourage you to apply for OCS in the event you don’t get picked up for BDCP.

PepperPerry

Figured I'd throw this in here to see what some of y'all think. On the "At board" list for SWO that happens in a few days. Do I have a good chance?

OAR: 48
Undergrad GPA: 3.24
BA in History
Teaching License/Teaching experience
LoR from a Retired USAF O-6, Retired E-5 Army, Former Employer
No Waivers

exNavyOffRec

Yes, it will be useful. Mandarin is more useful than Cantonese.

Your STEM minor is also useful. Can you dual major in it and still graduate on time?

But your high GPA and OAR matter the most. Also your character.

I’d encourage you to apply for OCS in the event you don’t get picked up for BDCP.
Not a single person me or my NRD had picked up for active Intel spoke any significant foreign language, some spoke Spanish due to family or Tagalog due to family but that was it. The info from NRC and the active Intel board members was the officers would have no need to speak foreign language since we have CTI's for that, this was when selection rates were 5-10% and they were very picky.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Not a single person me or my NRD had picked up for active Intel spoke any significant foreign language, some spoke Spanish due to family or Tagalog due to family but that was it. The info from NRC and the active Intel board members was the officers would have no need to speak foreign language since we have CTI's for that, this was when selection rates were 5-10% and they were very picky.
It may not make a difference during recruiting, but we can always use Os fluent in a “high demand low density” relevant foreign language. Probably as not useful in a first or second JO tour, admittedly. The Defense Attache Service comes to mind. FAO requires a language. If he has the aptitude to learn a 2nd language in the region, CNRJ or CNFK possibly. TL;DR: INDOPACOM regional expertise will likely be in demand for the next 20 years in Navy Intel. This is assuming his college degree is teaching him about the culture, people, and history of China and not merely language ability.

exNavyOffRec

It may not make a difference during recruiting, but we can always use Os fluent in a “high demand low density” relevant foreign language. Probably as not useful in a first or second JO tour, admittedly. The Defense Attache Service comes to mind. FAO requires a language. If he has the aptitude to learn a 2nd language in the region, CNRJ or CNFK possibly. TL;DR: INDOPACOM regional expertise will likely be in demand for the next 20 years in Navy Intel. This is assuming his college degree is teaching him about the culture, people, and history of China and not merely language ability.
What we were told is if the USN needs you to speak a language they will send you to learn it, and FAO isn't Intel, although one could go from Intel to FAO. One of my old COs did just that.

kcavanah

Figured I'd throw this in here to see what some of y'all think. On the "At board" list for SWO that happens in a few days. Do I have a good chance?

OAR: 48
Undergrad GPA: 3.24
BA in History
Teaching License/Teaching experience
LoR from a Retired USAF O-6, Retired E-5 Army, Former Employer
No Waivers
You're close to the immediate select criteria (50 OAR and 3.3 GPA), so between that and the recent selection rates, I'd say you have a good chance

PepperPerry

Everyone,

I have started a SWO Excel for this SWO Tuesday's board. I am slowly, but surely adding people. Please, even if you have not posted here, add your info and update what I have been adding, as there is some information you have not shared that helps.

A few notes before you add to it:

• I wasn't sure how to change "SNA" to "SWO" and make the calculations/formatting still work. Please select "SNA" for SWO. There is no need to select anything else. I FIXED THIS.

• You do not need to add your AQR, PFAR, FOFAR scores. These do not matter at the SWO board.

• If you *want* to try to fix the formatting - please make a copy, try it there, and then tell me how to fix it. Please do not attempt to "fix" it and break this one.

• I've noticed most will need to update: Age, Prior Service, Waivers, and Previous Submissions. Please also make sure you select your sex and if you're on the "at board" list.

Lastly, I will be trying to retroactively add the last at least two boards for record keeping/reference. With the long weekend, I plan to get it done by Monday.

PLEASE ALSO MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN THE CORRECT BOARD TAB

Here is the link: SWO Board

Last edited:

PepperPerry

All,

I have created a Supply Board Excel Sheet. I am hoping to update it later today with older boards for reference.
Everyone,
I have started a Supply Boards Excel for this board. I am slowly, but surely adding people. Please, even if you have not posted here, add your info and update what I have been adding, as there is some information you have not shared that helps.

A few notes before you add to it:

• You do not need to add your AQR, PFAR, FOFAR scores. These do not matter at the Suppo board.

• If you *want* to try to fix the formatting - please make a copy, try it there, and then tell me how to fix it. Please do not attempt to "fix" it and break this one.

• I've noticed most will need to update: Age, Prior Service, Waivers, and Previous Submissions. Please also make sure you select your sex and if you're on the "at board" list.

Lastly, I will be trying to retroactively add the last at least two boards for record keeping/reference. With the long weekend, I plan to get it done by Monday.

PLEASE ALSO MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN THE CORRECT TAB

Here is the link: Supply Boards

ball15632

Hi all,

First time applying for OCS and am only applying for intel due to colorblindness. Would love to hear your thoughts or opinions, thanks!

OAR: 64 (2nd take)
Undergrad GPA: 3.80
BA in Economics from top 15 school
Venture Capital/Finance experience investing in defense technology
LoR from a Navy Intel O-3, Army Intel O-4, Navy Intel O-5, Army SOCOM O-7
I understand it does not matter much, but fluent in Chinese from family upbringing.
Leadership experience from college athletics and no waivers

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi all,

First time applying for OCS and am only applying for intel due to colorblindness. Would love to hear your thoughts or opinions, thanks!

OAR: 64 (2nd take)
Undergrad GPA: 3.80
BA in Economics from top 15 school
Venture Capital/Finance experience investing in defense technology
LoR from a Navy Intel O-3, Army Intel O-4, Navy Intel O-5, Army SOCOM O-7
I understand it does not matter much, but fluent in Chinese from family upbringing.
Leadership experience from college athletics and no waivers

If you don’t get selected for Intel you will be very competitive for supply corps.

Zebrow120

Hey, I would like to see how competitive I'd be for IWC.

Undergrad: B.S in Management Information Systems 3.35 GPA
Masters: M.S in IT Management 3.85 GPA
OAR: 57

Thanks!