• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What NRC considers competitive

Hello! I am currently apply for DCO and my recruiter should be sending out my package soonish, I am only applying to CW and was wondering how competivie I might be. Here's a snapshot of who I am and seeing if I might need to apply next year or if it seems more than likely?

Currently a PhD student in Comp Sci while working at a national lab and a cybersecurity consultant.

Masters Degree and GPA: Applied Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics/3.46
Undergraduate Degrees: Physics and Applied Mathematics/ 3.14
OAR: 55
Certification: PentTest+
Foreign Languages: Fluent Russian, Elementary Chinese
In addition to this, just found out I might need a medical waiver due to colorblindness. So my medical package went to Tennessee, but I was curious how often would that be granted if I needed the wavier for CW?

exNavyOffRec

In addition to this, just found out I might need a medical waiver due to colorblindness. So my medical package went to Tennessee, but I was curious how often would that be granted if I needed the wavier for CW?
There is/was a chart that showed designators that required normal color perception, if the designator was on the list a person would not be cleared by N3M for that designator. If the current N3M doc has a different view you might have a chance.

There is/was a chart that showed designators that required normal color perception, if the designator was on the list a person would not be cleared by N3M for that designator. If the current N3M doc has a different view you might have a chance.
Update: I just got medically approved for the color blindness; for anyone else with the issue you can do CW with red/green colorblindness.

Hello,
I too am looking for some anecdotal feedback on competitiveness for DCO Intel.

I am presently working as a senior manager in physical security at a tech company and have about 8 years civ experience in corporate security and risk management within aerospace, critical infrastructure, and cleared defense contracting companies. I have completed 6.5 years as an Air Force reservist, separating at E-6 in avionics maintenance with a few command collaterals and spent 5 years AD enlisted as a Sonar Technician with ACINT analysis experience, VBSS, numerous command collaterals, TTs, etc.

GPA: 3.74 BA-Security Management, 3.95 MA- Business & Organizational Security Management, currently attending Executive MBA at state school
Volunteering: Numerous global physical security professional boards and committees
Letters: Currently have 1x SELRES CDR, and 2 LCDR letters, working to have about 6 letters including CIV employers
Clearance: TS/SCI - Agency adjudicated FSP
Awards: NAM, MOVSM, good conducts
Military: All Evals ranked MPs, +4/5's in AF Reserve, FIT always within standards

Much appreciated!

michaelsturek

A little bit about myself, I graduate this spring with a BS in Exercise Science with a 3.85 GPA. I am currently playing collegiate baseball and have been a part of many leadership councils and honor societies. I am submitting a package for NFO, and am hoping to send it in the next month or two. I just took the ASTB and scored a 56 7/8/8 on my first attempt, is this score competitive enough or should I retake the test in a month? And is my overall package competitive enough to get selected? Thank you!

Quote Reply

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
A little bit about myself, I graduate this spring with a BS in Exercise Science with a 3.85 GPA. I am currently playing collegiate baseball and have been a part of many leadership councils and honor societies. I am submitting a package for NFO, and am hoping to send it in the next month or two. I just took the ASTB and scored a 56 7/8/8 on my first attempt, is this score competitive enough or should I retake the test in a month? And is my overall package competitive enough to get selected? Thank you!

Quote Reply

Check out the recent Aviation OCS board threads to see where you stack against the rest. ASTB score followed by GPA are usually the key to being competitive.

Lovell95

Hello,
I’m looking for feed back about my chance of getting accepted for BDCP NFO or IP.

GPA: 3.56
Degree: Electrical Engineering
Clearance: SCI
Certifications: SEC+
I haven’t completed the OAR or ASTB yet but it seems like I need a 50 and 6s or better across the board.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello,
I’m looking for feed back about my chance of getting accepted for BDCP NFO or IP.

I have completed the OAR or ASTB yet but it seems like I need a 50 and 6s or better across the board.

Come back when you’ve taken either

exNavyOffRec

Hello,

I have completed the OAR or ASTB yet but it seems like I need a 50 and 6s or better across the board.

There is info missing, how much college do you have done, are you at a 4 year college now, do you have a clearance due to prior service?

Lovell95

Hello,

There is info missing, how much college do you have done, are you at a 4 year college now, do you have a clearance due to prior service?
I have 2.5 years of college done with 2 years remaining at the University of Washington. Yes, I was prior service Navy IC2.

exNavyOffRec

Hello,

I have 2.5 years of college done with 2 years remaining at the University of Washington. Yes, I was prior service Navy IC2.
Ok, and do you mean you haven't taken the ASTB yet, in your original post you said "have" not "haven't", but if you have what did you score?