• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's the Deal with the DCO Recruiters?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Age can be a big issue when it comes to non-medical DCO, I personally can't remember a non-medical DCO applicant that was accepted by the board, it doesn't mean it hasn't happened though or it couldn't happen.

Do you have in front of a camera experience? If so that should be a plus.

I’ve had two, CW and Supply, get selected but both were prior service.

3onaMatch

Age can be a big issue when it comes to non-medical DCO, I personally can't remember a non-medical DCO applicant that was accepted by the board, it doesn't mean it hasn't happened though or it couldn't happen.

Do you have in front of a camera experience? If so that should be a plus.
Indeed, I do have camera experience. I've anchored radio and video news broadcasts. I've also taken photos. My primary wheelhouse is writing, however.

Incidentally, my weighted age (if I am understanding this term correctly) is 37. I'm 43 with 6 years prior service.

exNavyOffRec

Indeed, I do have camera experience. I've anchored radio and video news broadcasts. I've also taken photos. My primary wheelhouse is writing, however.

Incidentally, my weighted age (if I am understanding this term correctly) is 37. I'm 43 with 6 years prior service.
They don't count the age like that, you are either over or you aren't, if you are prior the board can consider the waiver NRC gave. They also only let people in with waivers in limited numbers.

The one thing only the board will know is how you stack up against the others at board and with waivers. You could very well be the person they think is the second best of the entire group, but if that first person has a waiver as well and the waiver limit is "1", then you will not get in.

The board is very tough on waivers and more so with age waivers.

3onaMatch

They don't count the age like that, you are either over or you aren't, if you are prior the board can consider the waiver NRC gave. They also only let people in with waivers in limited numbers.

The one thing only the board will know is how you stack up against the others at board and with waivers. You could very well be the person they think is the second best of the entire group, but if that first person has a waiver as well and the waiver limit is "1", then you will not get in.

The board is very tough on waivers and more so with age waivers.
Okay, thank you for the info. I was unaware of how much weight is placed on applicant's age. It seems a bit more strict than the Air Force (my prior branch). There, your adjusted age is Go or No Go. I will bring this up to my recruiter when I speak with them some day.

Thanks again!