• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where old planes go when they "die"

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
It's definitely not an F-4 or F-14 because there's no ovular canopy structure in the front. I just noticed that, so I'm narrowing my guess down to an old F-15.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
AllAmerican75 said:
Damn, that cockpit's got me stumped. Since it has all of the old "steam" gauges I probably isn't a newer plane. It's got a HUD so it's probably mid-seventies or early-eighties. My guess is it's an early F-15 or F-14. :confused:

Close enough. F-15A Eagle, before the wonderful MFDs.

Check this site, you guys will love it. http://gra.midco.net/mlgould/

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Well, I "zoomed" it and saw it had a gun and AF style ejection handles --- and then checked "properties" and it said "F15A%20Eagle" .... so I guess it's an Air Force (B)eagle ..... :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Well, I "zoomed" it and saw it had a gun and AF style ejection handles --- and then checked "properties" and it said "F15A%20Eagle" .... so I guess it's an Air Force (B)eagle ..... :)

Are you going to make me rename my images and put them on my own server? THat's cheating ;)

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Argetnine Pucara. The Royal Marines blew a bunch of them up on the ground and a few more fell victim to the Sea Harriers.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Are you going to make me rename my images and put them on my own server? THat's cheating ;)
No, actually, just put the cursor over it while "zooming" (Air Force term ???) and it popped up .... CHEAT ??? ME ??? :) I am an Aviator, am I not??? How do you think we passed 40 years of written tests .... ???

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Nuts! I gotta comb through my tomes of a/c specs and info and come up with something harder, these are just too easy for you guys.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
AllAmerican75 said:
Nuts! I gotta comb through my tomes of a/c specs and info and come up with something harder, these are just too easy for you guys.

If it is still in sevice it is kind of our business to be at lest familiar with it.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
skidkid said:
A little late FLy.
Since we haev gone international try this onw
BAE Lightning .... one of our Brit exchange pilots in the A-6 flew them ... plus the Olympic Museum is just down the road a piece from me .... :)