• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where old planes go when they "die"

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
AllAmerican75 said:
This one's for all those helo junkies out there. Anyone know what this is?

Uhhh a target
Its an MI-10, a derivative of the MI-6.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
CONVAIR XF2Y SEA DART

Yeah I figured you had it. I almost disqualified you. A funny side story that illustrates the realities of naval aviation. I was drinknig beer watching TV with a roomate and the show on the sea dart came on and instead of saying how cool it was etc. WE both looked at each other and said "can you imagine the corrosion MAFs".

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
really, I figured just ergonomical enough to be not Russian but weird enough to be British
F-102?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
skidkid said:
.......I was drinknig beer watching TV with a roomate and the show on the sea dart came on and instead of saying how cool it was etc. WE both looked at each other and said "can you imagine the corrosion MAFs".
Our Maintenance Officers always drank a lot of beer --- that seemed to help with corrosion MAF's .... or we flew through thunderstorms while ship based -- "fresh" water wash-down.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Our Maintenance Officers always drank a lot of beer --- that seemed to help with corrosion MAF's .... or we flew through thunderstorms while ship based -- "fresh" water wash-down.

Yeah got lots of that on this recent Det. Couldnt get a check ride out becasue of a big convective Sigmet