• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where old planes go when they "die"

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
I'll give you a hint. Century Series.
That thing @ 12 O'clock looks like the setup that the 102 or 106 had for acquiring their bogies visually .... I think it was tied into the radar. The best I can do is F-102 or F-106.....

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yup, F-106A Delta Dart. You were both real close with the F-102... I checked their cockpits... look very close, especially that "yoke".

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Yup, F-106A Delta Dart. You were both real close with the F-102... I checked their cockpits... look very close, especially that "yoke".
One of the hardest fights I had @ Tyndall was against two broken down old F-106's from Montana. I had never fought the -106's before. They did great and almost ate me ..... good happy hour afterward as a result. They bought ..... :) ... if I knew they used a yoke, I would have cried.....

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
One of the hardest fights I had @ Tyndall was against two broken down old F-106's from Montana. I had never fought the -106's before. They did great and almost ate me ..... good happy hour afterward as a result. They bought ..... :)

No kidding? I was under the impression they couldn't turn that well.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
No kidding? I was under the impression they couldn't turn that well.
They couldn't ... but they could fly really high, really well .... like high '30's or 40K ..... they stayed high and made me come up to them --- or no fight. By the time I got up there --- I sneezed and lost 2,000 feet .....

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, who will be the smart cookie on this one...

Attachments

• plane.jpg
    plane.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 64

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Piece of cake ... but I will withhold my fire .... for the children.

I knew you'd know this... but the name is a tricky one...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
skidkid said:
I googled it so I will recluse myself. f@cking semantics

Haha... I just want the real name from someone. It's obviously an F-86 variant.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
I knew you'd know this... but the name is a tricky one...
You mean like "Fury" ... I've also heard it called "Sea Fury" .... anyway .... North American F-86, Navy-style.