• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

Citation3

The passing of Maj. Gen. Joe Engle is a tough one to process. Engle was one of my favorite astronauts and one that I spent years chasing to add a piece to my Speedmaster case back collection. The effort and wait were so worth it when he finally signed a piece marking his historic mission as the Commander of STS-2 while wearing a radial dial Speedmaster and becoming the first Shuttle astronaut to sign a piece for my collection.

These are two of my most cherished candid pictures from my collection.

Engle-Piece-Article.jpg

Joe Engle and Chuck Yeager were very close friends. Yeager gave Engle his personal Rolex GMT and Engle gave it to his wife Jeanie who wears it to this day. Here is a great picture of Engle with his Speedmaster, his wife with Yeager's GMT, and the piece he signed for my collection.

1117464-daa1d00cbb25e1459e5af5e99bcb0e84.jpg

Finally, his piece which I think is one of the most attractive in the collection.

675645-848dd6fe78108369c6d85f8d8d5ef2dd.jpg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Attempting to mask halitosis on Speedy Tuesday at the gym…-64 Echo Whiskey on a Rothco strap…

IMG_5612.jpeg

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Anyone have gouge on how to get an X-33 serviced by Omega for free? I have mine that I got on the AW buy back in 2012. Haven't worn it in a while and need to get it back into rotation. Probably needs a new movement.

Thank you.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Anyone have gouge on how to get an X-33 serviced by Omega for free? I have mine that I got on the AW buy back in 2012. Haven't worn it in a while and need to get it back into rotation. Probably needs a new movement.

Thank you.

Send it to the Swatch Group USA service center in Secaucus, include a letter saying you purchased it under the military program and include a copy of the warranty cards, include your email and phone number. They'll put it in their system, service, and ship it back.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Missed my chance at a group buy while they were still doing them, but just bought one on my own......nothing crazy, but a good every day watch:
unnamed-3.jpg

Pardon the crappy picture, I think that is one of my mother in law's hairs, took this in the guest room bathroom and they were just staying with us :)

GroundPounder

For double dog Speedy Thursday, it’s a vintage 861 and a modern 1861 both on @ChuckMK23 Mt. Baker Expeditionary Velcro…

View attachment 40948

View attachment 40949

Mr. Maddog,

I have a friend with a 63 Omega Constellation that he wants to get serviced, preferably by an authorized dealer. In a perfect world he wants to be able to drive or fly there, talk with the people doing it, and then wait a few days to get in back. I told him that I doubt that this is possible, but figured that if anyone knew a place like that you would....

Not this actual watch, but it looks like this.

s-l1600.webp

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Mr. Maddog,

I have a friend with a 63 Omega Constellation that he wants to get serviced, preferably by an authorized dealer. In a perfect world he wants to be able to drive or fly there, talk with the people doing it, and then wait a few days to get in back. I told him that I doubt that this is possible, but figured that if anyone knew a place like that you would....

Not this actual watch, but it looks like this.

s-l1600.webp

Mr. GroundPounder,

The only thing that is not possible [or at least highly unlikely] regarding that scenario is the waiting a few days. The waiting is most likely going to be several weeks to a few months.

I would recommend Richter & Phillips in downtown Cincinnati, OH. They have two in-house watchmakers that are certified Omega watchmakers…and they have an Omega parts account [which is important]. I recently had my 1971 Omega Speedmaster repaired and serviced there by Matt. He did an excellent job and the job was finished on time at the quoted six week point. I’m very lucky that I live in Cincinnati and was able to personally deliver it and personally pick it up. I totally “get” why your friend wants to personally deliver it and personally pick it up…things get lost via shipping. Also, Matt at R&P personally called me once my -71 Speedmaster had been assessed and he explained to me the details of the repair and the servicing before he actually began…very cool.

GroundPounder

Mr. GroundPounder,

The only thing that is not possible [or at least highly unlikely] regarding that scenario is the waiting a few days. The waiting is most likely going to be several weeks to a few months.

I would recommend Richter & Phillips in downtown Cincinnati, OH. They have two in-house watchmakers that are certified Omega watchmakers…and they have an Omega parts account [which is important]. I recently had my 1971 Omega Speedmaster repaired and serviced there by Matt. He did an excellent job and the job was finished on time at the quoted six week point. I’m very lucky that I live in Cincinnati and was able to personally deliver it and personally pick it up. I totally “get” why your friend wants to personally deliver it and personally pick it up…things get lost via shipping. Also, Matt at R&P personally called me once my -71 Speedmaster had been assessed and he explained to me the details of the repair and the servicing before he actually began…very cool.
Thanks,

I appreciate the info. Looks like he might be flying to Cincinnati.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Thanks,

I appreciate the info. Looks like he might be flying to Cincinnati.

No worries. Also, maybe he can find an independent watchmaker closer to his location that would be willing to do the service…they would not necessarily need to be Omega certified watchmakers or need an Omega parts account since they may already have the necessary parts on hand prior to when the whole Omega parts account limiting initiated which I believe was a few years ago. The key is that they would be willing to do the work…and then trying to determine if they’re reputable.

Also worth mentioning, the American Watchmakers & Clockmakers Institute (AWCI) can provide info of reputable watchmakers near your friend’s location.

GroundPounder

No worries. Also, maybe he can find an independent watchmaker closer to his location that would be willing to do the service…they would not necessarily need to be Omega certified watchmakers or need an Omega parts account since they may already have the necessary parts on hand prior to when the whole Omega parts account limiting initiated which I believe was a few years ago. The key is that they would be willing to do the work…and then trying to determine if they’re reputable.

Also worth mentioning, the American Watchmakers & Clockmakers Institute (AWCI) can provide info of reputable watchmakers near your friend’s location.
Thanks, I'll pass that along. We have a good shop here in town, but they are not Omega certified. He is a freak for only OEM parts and procedures.