• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

RSPaviator

Yooo, don't get me started. I don't want to start a AF hating session but damn it's hard not to. I had to beg, borrow, and steal to take the AFOQT on a AF base, in another state, as a civ, not sponsored by a recruiter.

Navy OR? He told me to come in the next day.

View attachment 31961
I will say though, once I got a hold of the right person he was supportive. I got scheduled for AFOQT at Travis and then later TBAS at Travis with a pretty good amount of ease. The hard part is finding an OR recruiter that will give you the time of day.

Yokason

I had them emailed to me and just stuck them in my application… they both had “official electronic transcript” watermarked on them, sent them in as part of the entire application package and it was good. Who knows. I had the benefit of being at a tiny Det and did everything myself, no YNs, no NCs (who are always the worst), way faster and less complicated it seemed.

This was close to my experience. My university really doesn't like doing official physical transcripts any more, and pushes students hard to go for electronic official transcripts. I had mine sent to my recruiters email directly & had no issues confirming that they were received and valid.

Yokason

Yeah I thought the ASTB was a breeze compared to the AFOQT, f***ing 6 hour test, ridiculous

Myself and another aviator ended up at the San Antonio MEPS at the same time twice, for the AFOQT and the PCSM. For the PCSM, there were 2 testing units on opposite sides of the room, backs to each other of course. I remember walking out of that exam at around the same time as him and being comforted that he seemed just as mentally exhausted as I was. ASTB doesn't drain all of your brainpower quite like the PCSM requires you to.

Yokason

Yeah the TBAS was gnarly! The ASTB-E was easier, but at my OR's office the equipment for the tracking tests seemed kind of crappy. The equipment for the TBAS at Travis was a little better.

Mine was the opposite, lol. The TBAS controls were sticky and awful, whereas the ASTB-E was a lot smoother.

Tvmats

My air force recruiter didn't even tell me to bring my logbook to the AFOQT, I had to haul ass home to the other side of the state to grab it in the morning before meps and come back with it so i could take it