• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Mntman

Contributor
I would like to officially bestow @Ghost SWO with the title of October Aviation Board Den Mother!
This honor is awarded for all his hard work keeping this thread (mostly us hooligans) in line, keeping our moral up during this long wait (at the expense of our sanity), maintaining and curating (and constantly fixing) the spreadsheet, and offering advice to those who sought it (but mostly those who didn't).

For your valiant effort, we offer this salute.

Last edited:

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I would like to officially bestow @Ghost SWO with the title of October Aviation Board Den Mother!
View attachment 28382
This honor is awarded for all his hard work keeping this thread (mostly us hooligans) in line, keeping our moral up during this long wait (at the expense of our sanity), maintaining and curating (and constantly fixing) the spreadsheet, and offering advice to those who sought it (but mostly those who didn't).

For this valiant effort, we offer this salute.
View attachment 28384
I accept your title and will wear it proudly!

Tgonzo29

Can’t picture my recruiter contacting me this late. Will probably find out tomorrow. Is finding out results the following day abnormal?

exNavyOffRec

FYI for those of you who didn't OCS dates, hang in there! I didn't get a OCS date and was selected for NFO. The reason for no OCS dates appear to be because Im scheduled for FY 2022

Anyone who is saying they were selected and has an OCS date from July on is also FY 22, they may just be figuring things out on how COVID goes and if they can plus back up OCS classes.

exNavyOffRec

This was the second time, first time was in May this year, missed the cutoff for August.

I was told the board likes to see applicants that apply multiple times, shows perseverance. Can't say if that helped or not this time. Not very quantifiable.
not correct, often they will give a DNR if you keep applying, several years ago data was pulled from over 10 years of boards, the first board is when you have the best chance, when retaking the ASTB that essentially gives you a fresh look and since aviation is the only designator that really cares about ASTB that is why you essentially get a fresh look.