• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Mntman

Contributor
For all of those that were selected today, Congratulations! This is just the beginning of what will hopefully be a long and fruitful career for all of us.

For those not selected, do not dwell on it too much. It took me multiple attempts to get selected and I remember the feeling of being told I did not make it. It is not a great feeling but use that as a driving force. If your desire is to fly, MAKE THEM TELL YOU NO! When you reapply, as it has been said before, they want to see improvement. Study for the ASTB again and again and again and show then how much you have improved since your last test. If your desire is to serve, there are other ways to do it but MAKE THEM TELL YOU NO about flying first. We all believe in you and cannot wait to see you in uniform with us.

TheCoon

Did not get good news today. Prepping to reapply for April. Kinda nervous about the ASTB since I've already retaken twice even though this is the first board I applied to. 1st ASTB attempt was 5/7/6, 2nd attempt was 55 6/7/7. I guess it's do or die now.

I think the SNA board discriminated against us 2.7 GPA Finance degree holders. Interesting how you didn’t get SNFO, though. Our scores were basically identical.

If you want to hold off on taking the ASTB again, you could always talk to the Marines. I believe that’s a passing score for them. Just thought I’d throw it out there.

tberge22

I think the SNA board discriminated against us 2.7 GPA Finance degree holders. Interesting how you didn’t get SNFO, though. Our scores were basically identical.

If you want to hold off on taking the ASTB again, you could always talk to the Marines. I believe that’s a passing score for them. Just thought I’d throw it out there.

True. I thought I read on here the age cutoff for marines didn't get extended when the Navy pushed theirs to 32. I'm 28 so I might be too late but I'll definitely be getting in touch with an OR there regardless. Glad you made the cut though, congrats and good luck with your new career!