• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Well.... 6 weeks on Monday. Maybe we'll be like the August board.....
Now we ARE the August board. We're at the same wait time now... -.-

Or you mean get results this next week at the six week mark like the August board?

Last edited:

Triumph_MAC

Now we ARE the August board. We're at the same wait time now... -.-

Or you mean get results this next week at the six week mark like the August board?
Hopefully we get them on week 6 like the August board. Otherwise we'll be the new August board to the Jan board kids. They will all say, I hope we aren't like the October board....
This is all a vicious cycle played by PERS and it's just disgusting..

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Hopefully we get them on week 6 like the August board. Otherwise we'll be the new August board to the Jan board kids. They will all say, I hope we aren't like the October board....
This is all a vicious cycle played by PERS and it's just disgusting..
Yeah absolutely.

Here is what I hope happens: We get results ASAP.

Why? It's not even about me. It needs to happen ASAP because the cutoff for the January board is next week. If we don't get results next week, many people are going to get screwed and many will be screwed even if we get results next week. For some it's too late because some OR's have given a December 1st cutoff for their NRD. I hope for everyone's sake involved on this board that we get results next week to at least provide an opportunity to have some people jump on the January board if not selected for our October board.

Whoever is responsible for pushing results out, has screwed many people over already for the next cycle. That's upsetting. Especially when we're being told after January, we don't know when the next board is... August 2021?

Elmalditobuzo

Hey yall Civil Engineer, Commercial Offshore Diver and prior Infantry Marine here, on the board and just found this forum. Short time listener first time caller. Just wanted to say good luck, god bless and fingers crossed. Thanks for all the info! Hopefully the wait is almost over!

OAR: 56
ASTB: 7/7/7
Degree: B.S. Civil Engineering
GPA 2.7

I'll let Ghost update the thing. Keep positive and don't let things you can't control control you!

I was working in Pensacola Bay a month ago and the Hornets were doing their last flights before the Super Hornets arrived to the Blue Angels, they were flying over me every day when I was getting out of the water! Talk about torture! Here's some motivation for you

S/F

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Hey yall Civil Engineer, Commercial Offshore Diver and prior Infantry Marine here, on the board and just found this forum. Short time listener first time caller. Just wanted to say good luck, god bless and fingers crossed. Thanks for all the info! Hopefully the wait is almost over!

OAR: 56
ASTB: 7/7/7
Degree: B.S. Civil Engineering
GPA 2.7

I'll let Ghost update the thing. Keep positive and don't let things you can't control control you!

I was working in Pensacola Bay a month ago and the Hornets were doing their last flights before the Super Hornets arrived to the Blue Angels, they were flying over me every day when I was getting out of the water! Talk about torture! Here's some motivation for you
Nice, good luck to you. Applying to SNA, NFO or both?

When you get results, you can fill out the Excel with that info, I have everything besides what you applied for on there already.

Elmalditobuzo

Nice, good luck to you. Applying to SNA, NFO or both?

When you get results, you can fill out the Excel with that info, I have everything besides what you applied for on there already.

SNA, I updated it. :)

Elmalditobuzo

Working on the Bay Bridge repairs?

Yes! I was doing the post event underwater inspection out there. What a disaster! There’s a ton of twisted steel and concrete down there. They’re gonna be working on that one for a while. I feel for the Pensacola Beach community out there that’s where I was staying and the bridge collapse has added an hour to everybody’s commute, in addition to hitting hard businesses that were already hit hard by COVID shutdowns. Well anyway, there’s a great restaurant in Pensacola Beach called Peg Leg Pete’s when we all get there maybe we can grab some oysters!

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I've been thinking this whole time that the Naval Aviator service commitment is 10 years, it's actually 8 years? (Or what people commonly refer to as "wings +8"?)