• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
My connect in the OCS applicant chain just texted me the following:

"I cannot even venture to guess at this point. They just finished signing the Final Select letters for those who are leaving on the 20th for the January 3rd Class."

I removed any and all profanity haha they are not the happiest with NRC as this person is in charge of a large group of applicants and their ORs. haha
So it's an NRD commander?

What was the context for them to say that today? Like did you ask for an update?

soccerman816

So it's an NRD commander?

What was the context for them to say that today? Like did you ask for an update?

I didn't say that.

I just ask every two weeks if it's been radio silence. He gets mildly agitated when talking about it on the phone haha so I text instead.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
So the FINSELs are moving faster than the PRORECs?
That would make sense to me with people leaving in January. It's a requirement that they have the final selection letters two weeks before their OCS dates. Sounds like the entire process is behind...

Maybe FinSel letter requests bogging down the process lol.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I didn't say that.

I just ask every two weeks if it's been radio silence. He gets mildly agitated when talking about it on the phone haha so I text instead.
I phrased it as a question for clarification on who the individual might be in relation to the process.

Gotcha, thanks.

Triumph_MAC

My connect in the OCS applicant chain just texted me the following:

"I cannot even venture to guess at this point. They just finished signing the Final Select letters for those who are leaving on the 20th for the January 3rd Class."

I removed any and all profanity haha they are not the happiest with NRC as this person is responsible for a good portion of the work involved in getting applicants to OCS.
Well that's no good. Looks like we may set a new record for wait times. At least some have an "unofficial" notification. Us active guys are just hanging out and waiting for any potential notification if a selection...

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Well that's no good. Looks like we may set a new record for wait times. At least some have an "unofficial" notification. Us active guys are just hanging out and waiting for any potential notification if a selection...
They aren't giving the active guys an OCS date at the same time as everyone else who was scheduled on November 5th?

Triumph_MAC

Oh so the CO directs the OCS date process? Or is it routed through the CO?
NRC will send the CO the selection notification and ask what day they are willing to lose the Sailor. NRC may also give available class dates and let the Skipper choose if he/she doesn't mind accepting a gapped billet. My Skipper is a prior flight surgeon so he's got a special place in his heart for aviation. I'm hoping that will help me get to OCS sooner when results come out.

Elmalditobuzo

Have you ever had a chance to dive the Oriskany? It's on my bucket list of dives. Hope to have the opportunity sooner than later (during flight school maybe?).

No cash, no splash.

J/K That would be incredible. If we make it there I'll be your dive buddy. Won't have long down there on SCUBA though, the flight deck is almost 150' down. My bucket list is to do SAT, still working on it but the oil industry isn't doing so well in the US. If the Navy says yes that'll all change though. We should find out before December 20th right? Right?...

SBeaty

I haven't been following this site for a while, just a lot of waiting. Didn't realize this post was getting so much discussion. Will follow as closely as I can, but I really don't want to worry about it.