• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Dtw pilot

Are the results of the November board still pending? I was told by my recruiter that this board got pushed back and combined with the upcoming board. If so, why might the Navy combine the two rated boards?
the board met early some of us have ocs dates "non official" of coarse since the results aren't. many theories on why they haven't been published but honestly due to the election, covid, the holidays halloween and thanksgiving is probably the delay.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
The results are inverted, travelling backwards through time.

We can't pick them up unless they've already been dropped...

You want proof?!

I just need results to drop so the OR can put me out of my misery...

Last edited:

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
While what you say is absolutely true, I would argue his contributions to the Stoic philosophy/ideology are of greater value as their impact is still being felt vibrantly to this day.

Marcus Aurelius was flesh and blood and Rome was but a nation. The ideas Aurelius espoused were proven to be eternally wise, and as one of my favorite movies says,

View attachment 28292

Stoicism was just the hot shit in the day lol but I agree, "Be like the cliff against which the waves continually break; but it stands firm and tames the fury of the water around it.

Marcus_Aurelius

Stoicism was just the hot shit in the day lol but I agree, "Be like the cliff against which the waves continually break; but it stands firm and tames the fury of the water around it.

A good quote to be sure. But to provide context for the casual reader, I would argue Stoicism was not just relevant back in the day, but perpetually and eternally. One of the main concepts being able to recognize what is within your control and what is outside your control. Those things which are outside of your control, you should recognize them and not allow them to disrupt you; it would only be detrimental. Those things which are in your control (principally being only your perspective and your determined choice (or will)), you should seek to act in accordance with logic.

A favorite quote of mine from the ideology: "What stands in the way, becomes the way. The impediment to action, advances action."
If you want to get stronger, the gym is the way. If you want to become smarter, studying is the way. This is a fundamental concept of all of life, yet for the sake of ease and peace, we shy away from difficulty instead of voluntarily embracing it with open arms and a grateful heart.

johnnybgood83

Hey everyone, I have been following this thread for a while without an account. I figured it was time to make an account and introduce myself.

I've been waiting a while for these results.... I originally tried to submit to the August board, but because I needed another lasik eye exam, I didnt make the due date. So, I submitted for November. My recruiter told me a few weeks ago that I was "unofficially" selected. She is extremely confident in this due to some candidates not having OCS dates assigned to them and some having them. I know this has been discussed already, but I thought I would chime in. Hopefully we can get the results soon, because I don't know how much longer I can fathom waiting..... I would also like to submit to the upcoming board if for some reason I wasn't selected.

Either way, I hope to see each of you in Newport and back down in Pensacola! I know there was some discussion about LinkedIn, so if you would like to connect, feel free to message me and I will add you. But like someone said previously, I would like to wait until after we get results....

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Hey everyone, I have been following this thread for a while without an account. I figured it was time to make an account and introduce myself.

I've been waiting a while for these results.... I originally tried to submit to the August board, but because I needed another lasik eye exam, I didnt make the due date. So, I submitted for November. My recruiter told me a few weeks ago that I was "unofficially" selected. She is extremely confident in this due to some candidates not having OCS dates assigned to them and some having them. I know this has been discussed already, but I thought I would chime in. Hopefully we can get the results soon, because I don't know how much longer I can fathom waiting..... I would also like to submit to the upcoming board if for some reason I wasn't selected.

Either way, I hope to see each of you in Newport and back down in Pensacola! I know there was some discussion about LinkedIn, so if you would like to connect, feel free to message me and I will add you. But like someone said previously, I would like to wait until after we get results....
Welcome and good luck to you.

For anyone who hasn't done so, you can add your stats to the Excel. I'll try and add at least one Excel link to every page so no one has an excuse to not go back and update it.

We're already at more people on the Excel than August and their document is no longer open for editing lol. Crazy.

Last edited:

johnnybgood83

Welcome and good luck to you.

For anyone who hasn't done so, you can add your stats to the Excel.

We're already at more people on the Excel than August and their document is no longer open for editing lol. Crazy.

Just added my information to the list. My OCS date assigned to me is July 25, 2021. Anyone else get this date?

GodofAeons

My unofficial class date was Sept, but that was weeks ago when it FIRST came out.

I'll end up getting a waiver to go sooner - if I wait until September ill be bankrupt.

johnnybgood83

How does one get an unofficial class date?
My recruiter sent me my profile page where I was assigned an OCS date. It shows your booking date, ship date, class number, projected graduation date, pay grade, etc.

My profile has a July 25th ship date and E-5 pay grade (OCS pay). Not everyone who submitted has this on their profile, so my recruiter told me she was informed by her leadership that she could "unofficially" release that information to me. I feel confident in this because my recruiter doesn't want me to worry about the next board submittal deadline approaching. If the recruiter wasn't confident in the unofficial results, then I don't believe they would have told me or skewed me away from trying to submit to the Jan board.

I know it is not official, but I am confident.