• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 03Sep24 SNA/SNFO Board

Your stats are great, and the way it’s been going recently you look like a good candidate. Are we allowed to ask what the ridiculous reason was?
Thank you! And yeah of course. Basically I submitted mid July for I-SEL, everything looked great and I was ready to go. A few weeks went by and I asked my recruiter why I hadn’t heard anything. On my SF-86 I admitted to using THC twice in the past 7 years. Had to indicate it on my application as well. Wanted to do the right thing and just tell the truth. Already passed everything at MEPS, the two time usage of THC was years ago. I guess I-SEL is a very black and white thing and if there’s ANYTHING they don’t like they push you to the next board so here I am. Wish anybody I worked with saw this coming, could’ve just submitted to the previous board and been shipped by now.

Skylanepilot1981

Thank you! And yeah of course. Basically I submitted mid July for I-SEL, everything looked great and I was ready to go. A few weeks went by and I asked my recruiter why I hadn’t heard anything. On my SF-86 I admitted to using THC twice in the past 7 years. Had to indicate it on my application as well. Wanted to do the right thing and just tell the truth. Already passed everything at MEPS, the two time usage of THC was years ago. I guess I-SEL is a very black and white thing and if there’s ANYTHING they don’t like they push you to the next board so here I am. Wish anybody I worked with saw this coming, could’ve just submitted to the previous board and been shipped by now.
my recruiter did the same to me and didn't let me know my waiver wasn't in yet. was waiting on July board turns out I wasn't on it

WepInteg

Had the exact same thing happen to me for using THC a few times in high school over ten years ago. I submitted for I-SEL for NFA a few weeks ago and got denied the week before this board and my recruiter said he was able to get my package to this board even though it was so last minute so hopefully that is true.

I technically didn't have to submit it on this SF-86 since it was over 7 years but I had already submitted that info previously for a clearance so wasn't gonna attempt to hide it from the Navy.

23brooks23

Retired Wr
Had the exact same thing happen to me for using THC a few times in high school over ten years ago. I submitted for I-SEL for NFA a few weeks ago and got denied the week before this board and my recruiter said he was able to get my package to this board even though it was so last minute so hopefully that is true.

I technically didn't have to submit it on this SF-86 since it was over 7 years but I had already submitted that info previously for a clearance so wasn't gonna attempt to hide it from the Navy.
Well that’s unfortunate y’all aren’t making that I-SEL but it’s good you’re at least making this board, were you able to confirm that you made the at board list?

WepInteg

Well that’s unfortunate y’all aren’t making that I-SEL but it’s good you’re at least making this board, were you able to confirm that you made the at board list?
I asked my recruiter if my package was at board and he said it was so that's all I have to go on.

Unfortunately with how my recruiter described I-SEL and how I've seen some people describe it here, I was hoping it was more of "Automatic Selection" and not "Immediate Selection". In reality you can meet all the requirements of I-SEL but the community manager does not have to accept your application.

23brooks23

Retired Wr
I asked my recruiter if my package was at board and he said it was so that's all I have to go on.

Unfortunately with how my recruiter described I-SEL and how I've seen some people describe it here, I was hoping it was more of "Automatic Selection" and not "Immediate Selection". In reality you can meet all the requirements of I-SEL but the community manager does not have to accept your application.
Well with your scores and gpa I doubt that you don’t get selected, if you don’t there’s like no hope for us 😂.

WepInteg

Well with your scores and gpa I doubt that you don’t get selected, if you don’t there’s like no hope for us 😂.
I'm trying to have that confidence but until I see it officially I'm still gonna worry about it lol. I've seen more than zero entries in the historical score spreadsheet of people with good scores not getting selected for whatever reason.

Also trying not to worry about if I put only SNA on my application or if I put SNA first and NFO second. I saw someone on here say if you put both but have the same good scores for both that you're more likely to get picked NFO than SNA.

GoBoilers25

I'm trying to have that confidence but until I see it officially I'm still gonna worry about it lol. I've seen more than zero entries in the historical score spreadsheet of people with good scores not getting selected for whatever reason.

Also trying not to worry about if I put only SNA on my application or if I put SNA first and NFO second. I saw someone on here say if you put both but have the same good scores for both that you're more likely to get picked NFO than SNA.
If you aren’t selected then it was a 0% selection rate board😂. If someone with triple 9’s on the ASTB gets denied I will donate my left kidney.

That’s so frustrating. I did not see it coming at all, hopefully I-SEL process is more clear for applicants moving forward because this delay threw so many things off for me.

BradL17

My recruiter just texted me and I damn near had a heart attack seeing it pop up on my phone. She was just asking how I was doing and if I wanted any OCS prep stuff lol. Do any of you guys have any OCS prep stuff?