• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 03Sep24 SNA/SNFO Board

Skylanepilot1981

1726146276770.png
this is what I have been doing. If i cannot do the sprints, i go hit the stair stepper. My issue is that I have really weak hip flexors from sitting for long periods due to work.

Last edited:

WepInteg

What is everyone doing for their PT?
https://www.specialwarfaretw.af.mil/Portals/69/Pre-accessions manual_1.pdf

Just doing the bodyweight/calisthenics program in there, minus the swimming stuff since that isn't needed for navy OCS and pool access isn't that convenient. Definitely won't get through the full 6 month program unless my ship date is in like January but should be good enough since its for specwar accession which has higher fitness standards, but I'll still be worried about meeting PFT standards if I ship in November lol.

Did the ruck part for the first month and a half just because its good general fitness in my mind, but I'm worried about the running part of OCS so started replacing the ruck with a slow 3 mile run.

dominicdecoco

What is everyone doing for their PT?
I used ChatGPT to generate a workout plan for me. Mondays I have interval sprints (6 x 400m) with 2 min rest between. Tuesday is a tempo run for 20 mins, Thursday is a steady state run (3-6 miles), and Saturday is a long run. Any day I run I also do a variation or combination of planks, push-ups, and pull-ups. Wednesdays and Fridays I swim anywhere between 1100-2000 yards freestyle.