• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Hello! :)

My recruiter says it's fine to split the test into two days (first OAR and then the rest later) as long as I complete them within 30 days of each other... does anyone know if this is accurate/ fine?

Also, I've noticed one concept that keeps getting mentioned as showing up on the math portion is probability. I'm wondering if this means basic probability (like P(A∪B)/P(A∩B)/P(A | B)) or do I need to (re)learn combinations and permutations?

Thank you in advance for any help!

mmandziak

Hello! :)

My recruiter says it's fine to split the test into two days (first OAR and then the rest later) as long as I complete them within 30 days of each other... does anyone know if this is accurate/ fine?

Also, I've noticed one concept that keeps getting mentioned as showing up on the math portion is probability. I'm wondering if this means basic probability (like P(A∪B)/P(A∩B)/P(A | B)) or do I need to (re)learn combinations and permutations?

Thank you in advance for any help!
My math was very basic probability.

Ex: “if you roll a single 6-sided die and pull a random card from a complete deck of cards, what is the probability of rolling a 2 or higher and pulling a heart”

sOUp35

USMC SNA Officer Candidate
This is correct. Took the test in May and had an issue with the provided headphones so they told me I could take the rest of the exam at a later date as long as it was within the 30 day window.

ashleymariam

I did my test last week, I had a portion in the test where there is a map view and also a camera view of the aircraft heading and it’s asking for what direction it’s heading, this is not the parking lot question. this is different. It’s compose heading! How to learn for that portion I did really bad on that! I was trying to look it up online and I couldn’t find any.

Chimchi

LiveLifeFull
I did my test last week, I had a portion in the test where there is a map view and also a camera view of the aircraft heading and it’s asking for what direction it’s heading, this is not the parking lot question. this is different. It’s compose heading! How to learn for that portion I did really bad on that! I was trying to look it up online and I couldn’t find any.
Yes ots terrain portion that one is pretty tough. Buy the ASTB prep app.

mmandziak

The ASTB Prep App on iOS and macOS has a training mode for this portion of the test, it’s very helpful. I used it to practice religiously and got an 8 PFAR.

Emorg

How accurate is the math, reading, and mechanical portion of @TwoScoops ASTB app? The questions asked are significantly easier than the practice questions in the Barrons book or Kyle and Gomez's drives. Has anyone else found the questions on the ASTB app overly simple?

Chimchi

LiveLifeFull
How accurate is the math, reading, and mechanical portion of @TwoScoops ASTB app? The questions asked are significantly easier than the practice questions in the Barrons book or Kyle and Gomez's drives. Has anyone else found the questions on the ASTB app overly simple?
Wondering the same about math portion. I have this hunch that math pprtion will cover a wide range as notes in the study guides but may not be as difficult. Remember, it's also an adaptive test so the answer depends.

Chimchi

LiveLifeFull
The ASTB Prep App on iOS and macOS has a training mode for this portion of the test, it’s very helpful. I used it to practice religiously and got an 8 PFAR.
Hell yeah thanks so much for thay insight. I have an android and windows laptop, any other way to use the stick/throttle portion?