• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Chimchi

LiveLifeFull
Good afternoon everyone! I finished my second attempt at the ASTB a few minutes ago and scored a 53 6/8/7. Thank you to everyone on this forum page who has provided so much valuable information to help me study and improve! I'd like to give a personal shoutout to @TwoScoops. Your ASTB Prep App helped me so much this time around, especially after releasing the MacOS version, it truly made it feel like I was taking the real test!

If anybody has any questions regarding the test please feel free to private message me I can try to answer it the best I can!
How was the MST and MCT?

Chimchi

LiveLifeFull
Good afternoon everyone! I finished my second attempt at the ASTB a few minutes ago and scored a 53 6/8/7. Thank you to everyone on this forum page who has provided so much valuable information to help me study and improve! I'd like to give a personal shoutout to @TwoScoops. Your ASTB Prep App helped me so much this time around, especially after releasing the MacOS version, it truly made it feel like I was taking the real test!

If anybody has any questions regarding the test please feel free to private message me I can try to answer it the best I can!
Congratulations!!!! 👏 🔥

CoMa

Congratulations!!!! 👏 🔥
Thank you very much! The MST wasn't too bad I got a lot of algebraic questions, a few probability questions, and also some complex word problems. There were a few questions I had no idea how to solve but was able to make a semi-educated guess based on the list of answers provided, the biggest thing I could say in regards to the MST is to know your exponent rules and how to pick apart word problems. The MCT wasn't too bad at all, a lot of the questions I was being asked involved just basic theory. I had a few lever questions, work, inertia, and a Bernoulli's Principle question as well! In conclusion, I will say that everything I encountered on the MST and MCT was either in Kyle's or Gomez's drive.

Chimchi

LiveLifeFull
Thank you very much! The MST wasn't too bad I got a lot of algebraic questions, a few probability questions, and also some complex word problems. There were a few questions I had no idea how to solve but was able to make a semi-educated guess based on the list of answers provided, the biggest thing I could say in regards to the MST is to know your exponent rules and how to pick apart word problems. The MCT wasn't too bad at all, a lot of the questions I was being asked involved just basic theory. I had a few lever questions, work, inertia, and a Bernoulli's Principle question as well! In conclusion, I will say that everything I encountered on the MST and MCT was either in Kyle's or Gomez's drive.
Thank you, CoMa! My biggest problem is picking apart word problems, but I'm working on them tonight before my test tomorrow. All in all, your scores are solid, and this is what I want to get!

TwoScoops

Two Scops
None

Don't worry, that's why I'm here. Good luck with flight school!

Chimchi

LiveLifeFull
Hello everyone, tomorrow I'm taking full ASTB-E test! I'll let everyone know my results!
Good Day folks! I took the ASTB-E today and I was shocked by my results, dissappointed. Will reattempt in 30 days. Any advice?
(OAR): 40
(AQR): 3
(PFAR): 4
(FOFAR): 4
(LPSS): 48

Nnamdi25

tbh I would focus heavy on the PBM everyone seems to thinks the OAR is weighted but I beg to differ. I have seen people with low oar and higher line scores. In my personal account I got a 6/7/7 on my third attempt and that’s with me missing 7 on the UAV section in addition to messing up on the emergency procedures. I like to think if I didn’t mess up I would have gotten all 7’s or 8’s. But that’s personal observation take it with a grain of salt.

Chimchi

LiveLifeFull
tbh I would focus heavy on the PBM everyone seems to thinks the OAR is weighted but I beg to differ. I have seen people with low oar and higher line scores. In my personal account I got a 6/7/7 on my third attempt and that’s with me missing 7 on the UAV section in addition to messing up on the emergency procedures. I like to think if I didn’t mess up I would have gotten all 7’s or 8’s. But that’s personal observation take it with a grain of salt.
Noted, thanks for your help man.

bags11

How's it going guys, I plan on submitting my package (SNA) with the following scores:
51 6/8/6
3.33 GPA Aviation Management
140hrs/PPL
I was wondering how competitive I am or if should I retest. Thanks!

Chimchi

LiveLifeFull
PFAR is heavily based on ANIT and PBM performance. How have you been practicing?
I felt solid when I took the ANIT portion. This was a focal point while studying. As for PBM, I've used the ASTB Prep App, I think I got 8 UAV wrong simply because I was nervous and perhaps over thinking it. I only get on average 2-3 wrong using the UAV simulator on the app but during the test I found it harder to think clearly. The Dichomy testing was one that I think bit in my butt because I assumed that only one targeted ear were to be used and didn't catch on til later that target ears switched in the middle of the test so totally screwed that one haha. Finally for stick/throttle, I simply used the ASTB Prep App simulator but least prepared for it. I have windows and havnt figured out a way to hook up my stick/throttle i purchased from Amazon to my computer. Math I felt okay, got thru all questions. I'd say I felt I did 60% there, RCT reading was easy in my opinion, and MCT mechanics was the one where I still had questions even though I was timed out.