• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

DBM

I'm a bit confused about the listening section of the janz sim. Does the target ear change or not? Because sometimes I will hear right, then left, and a mix of that during the session. I'm clearly understanding the instructions wrong because I'm not getting any of the cues right

NKMess

I'm a bit confused about the listening section of the janz sim. Does the target ear change or not? Because sometimes I will hear right, then left, and a mix of that during the session. I'm clearly understanding the instructions wrong because I'm not getting any of the cues right
The target ear changes on the ASTB

Reactions: DBM

FreddiePham

It doesn't, mech comprehension applies to your OAR score. I was scoring in the 70s-90s in the app for mech and math and got a 55 on my OAR when I did the test. Like the others said, mech comp was a lot more conceptual than it was applied formulas as it is on the app. I found myself encountering some concepts I was not familiar with. I guess that's all to say don't exactly stress about unfamiliar concepts but to focus on the ANIT and PBM sections.
Thank you for the answer. Do you know what is a good average reaction time for the UAV portion? On the practice portion of the app, I usually missed one and my avg reaction time is around 1.5s.

NKMess

Thank you for the answer. Do you know what is a good average reaction time for the UAV portion? On the practice portion of the app, I usually missed one and my avg reaction time is around 1.5s.
Sure thing! No idea for certain, but mine was around 2 seconds on the actual test and I got 7/8/8. I scored better on the app. My opinion is that moderate preparation will pay dividends on that test.

DBM

The target ear changes on the ASTB
On the sim, it says "press e when you hear an even number in your left ear" and "right click when you hear an odd number in your right ear". So if the target ear is the right one, for example, would I only listen for odd numbers in the right ear?

NKMess

On the sim, it says "press e when you hear an even number in your left ear" and "right click when you hear an odd number in your right ear". So if the target ear is the right one, for example, would I only listen for odd numbers in the right ear?
Nope! You'd be listening to both odds and evens and making the appropriate inputs. Although I don't know my exact accuracy from the test, I did find it to be somewhat easier than the sim.

DBM

Nope! You'd be listening to both odds and evens and making the appropriate inputs. Although I don't know my exact accuracy from the test, I did find it to be somewhat easier than the sim.
1727566377376.png
I believe that's where I get confused because, although the ear changes, it seems like the sim has their own instructions. Again, I'm pretty sure im interpreting it wrong but on the astb app, I do very well with the listen portion. I understand, on the app, that with either the left or right ear, you push the clutch botton for odd and pull the trigger for even. But when I read the instructions on the screenshot, they seem to want you to press/click based on a certain ear.