• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

rybs

Does the speed in which you answer terrain association questions on the PBM affect your score? Or is it just right or wrong with a 30 second time limit? Thanks

cofaviation

Options for ASTB score of 56 6/7/8

Hello, I recently took the ASTB and earned the score above. Before taking the test, I had been hoping for immediate select scores for NFO which I earned w my score. I was also hoping to see if I had a shot of earning the scores to possibly apply as a pilot. According to my recruiter, my scores are still seemingly acceptable for the pilot position just not as immediate select. My recruiter believes I would be accepted as a pilot if I were to apply in the boards with my 3.7 GPA and two bachelor degrees. The problem is it seems pilot is locked till July 2025. I’m fine with waiting till then, but my recruiter is pushing for me to take advantage of my NFO immediate select scores and just send it. I’m not opposed to working towards becoming an NFO, but I feel as though I’d feel regret not attempting to submit my application to become a pilot. I’ve been doing my research on both positions, but any info/advice regarding the careers would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has had any similar experiences or would like to give me some outside insight, that would be great!

exNavyOffRec

Options for ASTB score of 56 6/7/8

Hello, I recently took the ASTB and earned the score above. Before taking the test, I had been hoping for immediate select scores for NFO which I earned w my score. I was also hoping to see if I had a shot of earning the scores to possibly apply as a pilot. According to my recruiter, my scores are still seemingly acceptable for the pilot position just not as immediate select. My recruiter believes I would be accepted as a pilot if I were to apply in the boards with my 3.7 GPA and two bachelor degrees. The problem is it seems pilot is locked till July 2025. I’m fine with waiting till then, but my recruiter is pushing for me to take advantage of my NFO immediate select scores and just send it. I’m not opposed to working towards becoming an NFO, but I feel as though I’d feel regret not attempting to submit my application to become a pilot. I’ve been doing my research on both positions, but any info/advice regarding the careers would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has had any similar experiences or would like to give me some outside insight, that would be great!
If you want to be a pilot then only submit for SNA, and until they change the board schedule everything is rumors. Don't let your recruiter push you to apply something you are not all in for or will be wondering "what could have been".

cofaviation

If you want to be a pilot then only submit for SNA, and until they change the board schedule everything is rumors. Don't let your recruiter push you to apply something you are not all in for or will be wondering "what could have been".
Do you know if there’s anyway I can find out more about the boards? I feel like I’m in the dark with information regarding this. My recruiter tells me the basics if that concerning the boards and my application process.

exNavyOffRec

Do you know if there’s anyway I can find out more about the boards? I feel like I’m in the dark with information regarding this. My recruiter tells me the basics if that concerning the boards and my application process.
You are really at the mercy of what is posted, however the bottom line is this is your career and you need drive this process. If you need to wait 3 months, 6 months or 9 months to get what you will be happy with is it worth it for you? 9 months out of a 20 year career is not that long.