• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

guioliveirabc

I am currently preparing for the OAR and have been using the attached Study Guide as my primary resource. For those who have already taken the OAR, I would greatly appreciate your insights on whether this guide adequately covers the math portion. Thank you!

Attachments

• OAR Math Guide.docx
    1.4 MB · Views: 18

JFinley

I take the ASTB in a little under a month, I have a good amount of confidence in every topic at the moment. Except for probability and distance/time problems, does anyone have any tips, advice, or anything that could help? I would greatly appreciate anything.

kittyclash16

Should I retake the ASTB or not? My first scores were 46 6/8/8, and I have a 3.4 GPA. I was planning to submit my application for the November board, but my recruiter said the pilot board got canceled. The next board is in January, but there’s no guarantee it will happen. I've read posts saying the Navy won’t be looking for pilots until 2026, but some people in this thread mentioned that unless it’s officially stated, it’s just rumors.

My recruiter recommends I retake the test and aim for the immediate select scores, but I’m hesitant since I’m not a great test taker. I heard the immediate select applicants already got their class dates around January.

Last edited:

kittyclash16

I take the ASTB in a little under a month, I have a good amount of confidence in every topic at the moment. Except for probability and distance/time problems, does anyone have any tips, advice, or anything that could help? I would greatly appreciate anything.
pretty sure you can find some of DRT problems on Dallas's and Gomez's Drive

kittyclash16

I am currently preparing for the OAR and have been using the attached Study Guide as my primary resource. For those who have already taken the OAR, I would greatly appreciate your insights on whether this guide adequately covers the math portion. Thank you!
It does a pretty good job with the math section of the ASTB, but I wouldn’t stop there. If you have time, check out the practice tests on Dallas's and Gomez's drive too.