• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

dav246

Scores are explained in the overview syllabus on the app.
The Mometrix summary explains it pretty well too, check the scoring and results section. https://www.mometrix.com/academy/astb-e/

70% correct answers would be a 6 on the section
Mometrix is a little outdated and littered with small errors.

For instance, they say for Marine Pilots and Flight Officers, you need a 4 AQR and 6 FOFAR, but in reality that 6 should actually be your PFAR (FOFAR being irrelevant) and Marine Flight Officers don't even exist any more.

Reactions: Fom

DBM

See if changing it to 2000 and 30000 makes it feel any better.
I'll double check my settings when I'm on my home pc later, I'd like to get this dialed
I got around to trying it out, and so far, it seems like I am very slightly able to stick to the target but not by a very noticeable amount. Vertical tracking in general is way faster than horizontal. I'm still in the 200s for the stick portion of the simulator. Any success on your end?

awindz9

To add on to the Jantzen and Mike's simulator questions, does anyone know how to setup using AntiMicroX where the trigger button on the joystick is used for the even numbers and the throttle button is used for the odd numbers?

awindz9

Just took my first attempt today and got a 68 5/6/6. Should I retake and skip the upcoming boards for SNA? Or would it be okay to submit these, and if in the case I don't get selected... re-apply with new test scores? (I also have a 3.61 gpa)
Im trying to get that OAR score what did use to study for that portion?

Fom

To add on to the Jantzen and Mike's simulator questions, does anyone know how to setup using AntiMicroX where the trigger button on the joystick is used for the even numbers and the throttle button is used for the odd numbers?
I attached my config file, not sure if simply loading that would work for you. I'm using a T Flight Hotas One for practice

Otherwise, when you're in antimicro, pressing buttons on your flight stick will light up corresponding buttons where you can set keyboard and mouse mapping.

So knowing you want the trigger to be the even numbers - press the trigger with antimicro open, and note which empty button is highlighted. Then click that button, and assign it to the right mouse button. Be sure to save a config file, so you can just load that instead having to remap every time. Now when you press trigger in the trainer sim, your pc is registering a right mouse button click.

Attachments

• Flight Stick Config.joystick.zip
    688 bytes · Views: 8

dav246

for those who have written the exam. what settings on the current simulator for the DLT are the closest?
View attachment 40732
I always just used the defaults, but be aware, the real thing is not like Jantzens, as in, the real test doesn't just relentlessly bombard you with sounds in both ears. What actually happens is they will blast both ears simultaneously with two very similar sounding things (like "Z" and "three") every few seconds.

Anyway using the defaults and just repeating everything I heard in the target ear out loud before pressing the appropriate buttons prepared me pretty well.

awindz9

I always just used the defaults, but be aware, the real thing is not like Jantzens, as in, the real test doesn't just relentlessly bombard you with sounds in both ears. What actually happens is they will blast both ears simultaneously with two very similar sounding things (like "Z" and "three") every few seconds.

Anyway using the defaults and just repeating everything I heard in the target ear out loud before pressing the appropriate buttons prepared me pretty well.
I would add in the hearing portion in Jantzen there is no target ear like the real test. You just click left when you hear a even number in your left ear and odd in your right ear. The real test you focus on the target ear and click odd or even just listening from the target ear. Another thing is on the real test the joystick trigger is even and the throttle button is odd.

mmandziak

I would add in the hearing portion in Jantzen there is no target ear like the real test. You just click left when you hear an even number in your left ear and odd in your right ear. The real test you focus on the target ear and click odd or even just listening from the target ear. Another thing is on the real test the joystick trigger is even and the throttle button is odd.
@TwoScoops ASTB Prep App has DLT setup exactly like the test, highly recommend it. Supports macOS fully now too!