• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

Ericackostaa

So from the past board which was aviation at the beginning of the month of August they had 253 applicants and selected 186. That’s over half and with fy22 starting in October they are seeming picking more to fill the quota as in picking now that are for the current fy21. So to me it would mean they are picking more that are meeting the requirements to ensure they are meeting the quota for the next fy. And me being AD and it’s not even 20 of us compared to 252 total applicants that were at-board tells me at a glance that if you are hitting the wickets they want especially since the new program authorization released in March leaves me to believe a lot of people have a shot if you have the requirements even on waivers. For me I’m 23 my gpa was a 3.29 and I only been on AD for 4 years exactly and I joined straight out of high school and I expressed a desire to be a SWO I think it would it be a good select in my opinion. So in my corner I would say if you want to be a SWO and you know the work it requires and you showed a desire in your package and those interviews said you really want it they help you should be on ya way! I want a full career maybe even past 20 years and I put that all in my package with all my supporting documents I received calls from millington throughout the whole journey they actually helped me get a conditional release and wavier when I applied so I hope it was all for it. So that’s my take… I know it’s long but I’m passionate about this shit fr!
Facts!!! I’m 24 and 6 years in and I’m right there with you bro, I got my university degree in Hawaii within 2 years with a 3.78 gpa. Great recommendation from all O5 and above, all Evals say put in wardroom. I truly hope to see both of our names on the list. And I know if I don’t make it, I got it next time. My CO is an O7 and gave me an amazing recommendation since I work directly for him daily. I pray everyday I wake up to good news because this navy stuff is the one thing I’m passionate about. You really got me motivated af after reading your post. Thanks for that. YOU WILL BE GREAT!

V/R YN1

exNavyOffRec

Would you mind clarifying why it seems to be that the names released are alphabetized in posting?

Edit: the farthest last name down I saw, for today, was “Sh” and was curious as to why that method was chosen? Or are S-Z, when posted, going to show up in Jan too?

To further clarify, is the list that @Ktimoll posted liable to see more of our board’s Pro-Rec-Ys? I.e. is the Jan list posted finalized or can more of us show up there later on? Thanks
It is probably as simple as they were given the list in alphabetical order, that would make sense to me.

Jojodrex

Took another look at the spreadsheet. That 93 is for FY22. We're still in FY 21 aren't we? How would that 93 still apply to us?
Okay…from a navy standpoint the 93 goal is like a reference number. SWO has recently been ramping up applicants due to shortage and manning retention. He’ll look at the last board that just passed for SWO why would they only pick 93 if they want/need 400 plus slots for the whole fy22. Look at it from a big navy view point. If you losing more each and every year why bottle neck your applicants if not any if they are not getting what they want out of it. 93 is the minimum of applicants they want per board in my opinion so they can fill the quota for fy22. DO NOT OVER THINK IT.

Attachments

• FY21 (APR 21) SWO Selection Board Results.pdf
    370.6 KB · Views: 43

jbybwing

Okay…from a navy standpoint the 93 goal is like a reference number. SWO has recently been ramping up applicants due to shortage and manning retention. He’ll look at the last board that just passed for SWO why would they only pick 93 if they want/need 400 plus slots for the whole fy22. Look at it from a big navy view point. If you losing more each and every year why bottle neck your applicants if not any if they are not getting what they want out of it. 93 is the minimum of applicants they want per board in my opinion so they can fill the quota for fy22. DO NOT OVER THINK IT.

Totally understand. Just can't infer data that isn't available. I can only view the statistical days presented

Ktimoll

Sinnocent
9/26/21

Henning, Justin

2/13/22

Griffith,Rachel

Stedham,Dan

Vogt,Rebecca

Von Sternberg,Brandon

Wade,Russel

Yarrel,Akari

Zangeth,Erfan

3/6/22

Spencer,Lucas

Stiles,Brandon

Stolp,Taylor

Ubert,Benjamin

Wiegmann,Kathryn

Willis,Frank

Zieglar,Kristina

7/3/22

Giamporte,Marissa

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Took another look at the spreadsheet. That 93 is for FY22. We're still in FY 21 aren't we? How would that 93 still apply to us?
No. We are in FY22 already in terms of OCS because the new FY starts in July for OCS because the FY is determined by commission date. July classes will commission starting in October, so they're considered to be part of the new FY.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
SWO overselects because JOs transfer out, leave active duty at the 4 year mark, or don't re-up at high rates. So, they select depending on what they believe to be necessary to have a sufficient pipeline for future field and flag officers.

Ericackostaa

9/26/21

Henning, Justin

2/13/22

Griffith,Rachel

Stedham,Dan

Vogt,Rebecca

Von Sternberg,Brandon

Wade,Russel

Yarrel,Akari

Zangeth,Erfan

3/6/22

Spencer,Lucas

Stiles,Brandon

Stolp,Taylor

Ubert,Benjamin

Wiegmann,Kathryn

Willis,Frank

Zieglar,Kristina

7/3/22

Giamporte,Marissa
I wonder if this is the complete list of Civvies that have been classed up. Maybe we will see a letter this evening. Who knows.