• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

exNavyOffRec

What was the meaning of the 131 number we discussed much earlier in this thread? We used it to calculate a possible acceptance rate based on the number of packages at the board.
131 was the max number listed on the sheet before, they revised it down to 93, number of those selected was at 173 prior to this board, now it is listed at 264, they also revised down the number of max allowed at board as well, not sure if that mean applications were pushed or not.

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
I understand now how some of these boards go over, thanks for clarifying that @exNavyOffRec!

I assume NRC has a system for notifying later boards that, for example, say 120 were selected then becomes 93 (minus the people who turned down) for later boards to see? However, I'm not sure how they could if applicants with long waiting times don't have to accepted their status before a next board convenes, right?

What is the timeframe for accepting such offer, is it done with the FINSEL 2-3 weeks before shipping?

exNavyOffRec

April swo board picked up 165. Was that very unusual and doesn't ever happen ?
yeah from the looks of it that april board was the best time to get picked up lol stay optimistic gang!
The overall number remains the same per FY, they didn't have limits prior to the recent board, COVID had an effect as well, and there were recruiters saying boards weren't happening, that resulted in lower submitted and higher selected.

Given the "new" system there will be X selected out of Y given to the board and that will result in a fairly constant selection rate at each board.

gdubs21

Broheim, you have no idea how mad I am that my recruiter failed to submit my package the last board. Laziness on his part added 6 months my waiting period
Wow sorry that happened. I can’t imagine how frustrating that feels. I only have myself to blame for not making the April board, and possibly a weirdly long wait time to go to MEPS

AZ Auxiliary

Broheim, you have no idea how mad I am that my recruiter failed to submit my package the last board. Laziness on his part added 6 months my waiting period
Wow sorry that happened. I can’t imagine how frustrating that feels. I only have myself to blame for not making the April board, and possibly a weirdly long wait time to go to MEPS

MEPS is definitely a huge hurdle. Losing paperwork throughout the medical process happened a few times on their end

jbybwing

It's my fault too. I should've been in his office insuring my stuff was done and sent. You are in charge of your own destiny after all. Can't shift all the blame on him.

Lou94

Below are the names from the at/board list that I see on the rosters for the dates mentioned, these names were added 9/1/21 so I’m guessing they’re from this board BUT this is unofficial! Also, I can’t account for if someone has the same name as you. Good luck to everyone!

1/23/22
Amos, Joshua

02/13/22
Allison, Jared
Amezquita,Valerie
Arnett,Nathan
Akin,Ellen
02/13/22 roster

3/6/22
Beauchamp,Sarah
Bollus,John
Boyer,Christopher

Hi everyone! I'm also late to the party, but am grateful for all the help/info on this thread. I added my information to the excel sheet. My name is on this list - is it kosher to add these names to the class roster in excel?

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
I just updated the excel sheet's column B. Please go back and use the drop-down tab to select where you have SWO among your selection/package (i.e. #1,#2,#3).

thanks

Edit: I should have added this feature earlier, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Lou94

I just updated the excel sheet's column B. Please go back and use the drop-down tab to select where you have SWO among your selection/package (i.e. #1,#2,#3).

thanks

Edit: I should have added this feature earlier, my apologies for the inconvenience.

You got it!