• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

Ericackostaa

I wonder that too. I looked up everyone from this list alone and no one is TAOC 198. I’m literally so confused and stressed at the same time.
AD Navy usually wont be seen on class rosters this soon because our commands have to negotiate our release which takes place after you are notified. we are typically notified via email or the official letter that comes out. I am using the roster/excel spread sheet as a quota based tool, utilizing their stats to track my odds of approval.

Ktimoll

Sinnocent
I wonder that too. I looked up everyone from this list alone and no one is TAOC 198. I’m literally so confused and stressed at the same time.
Active duty won’t have any ‘unofficial’ result, unfortunately. A date won’t be assigned until your command is notified and you will likely know before your command gets that notification. You’ll find out when the list comes out.

exNavyOffRec

Okay…from a navy standpoint the 93 goal is like a reference number. SWO has recently been ramping up applicants due to shortage and manning retention. He’ll look at the last board that just passed for SWO why would they only pick 93 if they want/need 400 plus slots for the whole fy22. Look at it from a big navy view point. If you losing more each and every year why bottle neck your applicants if not any if they are not getting what they want out of it. 93 is the minimum of applicants they want per board in my opinion so they can fill the quota for fy22. DO NOT OVER THINK IT.
93 is the max per board, not the minimum, SWO has not been ramping up selections or applicants, the numbers have remained fairly constant, it fluctuates based on numbers from USNA and NROTC, applicant numbers going to board have fallen over the past several years as well and then started climbing again.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
AD is a different beast from what I've seen. Y'all have to wait for everything to pass through COC to see when you can leave, when command can get a replacement, and so on. Your placements are more complicated. Either way, by the time the official selection roster comes out, y'all should have a date.

gdubs21

93 is the max per board, not the minimum, SWO has not been ramping up selections or applicants, the numbers have remained fairly constant, it fluctuates based on numbers from USNA and NROTC, applicant numbers going to board have fallen over the past several years as well and then started climbing again.
What was the meaning of the 131 number we discussed much earlier in this thread? We used it to calculate a possible acceptance rate based on the number of packages at the board.

exNavyOffRec

SWO overselects because JOs transfer out, leave active duty at the 4 year mark, or don't re-up at high rates. So, they select depending on what they believe to be necessary to have a sufficient pipeline for future field and flag officers.
somewhat on target with this.

It isn't an overselect as it is a manning projection, and the USN can only commission X amount of officers per year, so if they project they need 50 more they would need to do that by taking from some other designator.

An overselect means they picked more than they can ship to OCS, that results in board cancellations and such.

The main reasons you would see selections in SWO being X+25 for example when they only need X is that people get selected that have SWO listed 2 and 3, when they get their 1st choice they drop SWO.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
somewhat on target with this.

It isn't an overselect as it is a manning projection, and the USN can only commission X amount of officers per year, so if they project they need 50 more they would need to do that by taking from some other designator.

An overselect means they picked more than they can ship to OCS, that results in board cancellations and such.

The main reasons you would see selections in SWO being X+25 for example when they only need X is that people get selected that have SWO listed 2 and 3, when they get their 1st choice they drop SWO.
Thanks for the clarification! As always, anyone reading my posts, if @exNavyOffRec corrects me, please listen to him!

Last edited:

100water1

April swo board picked up 165. Was that very unusual and doesn't ever happen ?