• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

ccrutchfield

Pro-Rec Y!!!! Woohoo! I was literally shaking in my seat as I opened the pdf! See all of my fellow Class 07-23 fools there :p!

I'm sorry for all who didn't make it this board but I know you will be able to kick butt on the next one! I see that several people have been posting about our application profiles so if anyone is curious what mine looked like feel free to reach out!! I would love to help anyone as much as people on this website have helped me! :)

Pro-Rec Y!!!! Woohoo! I was literally shaking in my seat as I opened the pdf! See all of my fellow Class 07-23 fools there :p!

I'm sorry for all who didn't make it this board but I know you will be able to kick butt on the next one! I see that several people have been posting about our application profiles so if anyone is curious what mine looked like feel free to reach out!! I would love to help anyone as much as people on this website have helped me! :)
I would love some of that info. I'm applying in May. Congratulations!

Erin_hump777

Really sorry Erin! I hope you find success with us on the May board!

Question to those struggling with the inverted controls. I've been an avid gamer my entire life and inverted controls are second nature. In fact honestly non-inverted controls feel super weird. I see a lot of people that seem to struggle with them. Those of you that struggle with the inverted controls, do you play video games and if so do you play a ton or just casually?
I play cod like almost every day at least a little on normal controls. I have a buddy that didn’t pass the ASTB part twice. He started playing cod on inverted controls and went from 5/5/5 to 7/8/6

Erin_hump777

2 Quick questions:

#1.) To the people that got selected. Did you guys turn in your log book or scans of your log book with your packet? My recruiter never mentioned it to me.

#2.) To those of you that killed the astb part. Did you guys play video games on inverted controls? How did you do so good?

ccrutchfield

I play cod like almost every day at least a little on normal controls. I have a buddy that didn’t pass the ASTB part twice. He started playing cod on inverted controls and went from 5/5/5 to 7/8/6
This may sound silly but I got really into Rocket League with my friends and felt like it helped me prepare for the weird angles that you will have to work with while doing the PFAR during the ASTB. Made it to Diamond then work took me away from the game lol

krae3443

I really hope those who didn’t get a yes today, that I see you all get a yes next board. I am proud of everyone at this board can’t wait to see some of y’all at ocs in august 2022. So thankful to be on this journey with y’all and if anyone wants me to edit their essay or give advice on studying I’m happy to. I know my scores aren’t perfect but I’m happy to give advice on how I did stuff. Just send a message my way.

GoldLeaf

2 Quick questions:

#1.) To the people that got selected. Did you guys turn in your log book or scans of your log book with your packet? My recruiter never mentioned it to me.

#2.) To those of you that killed the astb part. Did you guys play video games on inverted controls? How did you do so good?
Yes, take your log book to your recruiter to have it scanned, also any certs

SE_53

Really sorry Erin! I hope you find success with us on the May board!

Question to those struggling with the inverted controls. I've been an avid gamer my entire life and inverted controls are second nature. In fact honestly non-inverted controls feel super weird. I see a lot of people that seem to struggle with them. Those of you that struggle with the inverted controls, do you play video games and if so do you play a ton or just casually?
I with you on this, Using a joystick "inverted" (the way it should be IMO) was second nature for me. Therefore, playing FPS games with inverted controls did nothing for me and actually slowed me down when I went back because I was having to consciously think about my inputs. I think the place you will be able to make up the most ground is the UAV and the listening tests. The listening is brutal because its super hard to understand what is being said when they talk over each other.

JoeBob1788

Same. I'm worried about age too even though I'm under the max age. Astb is dec 7th so I have to do really well
I’m 33, I’ll be 34 before OCS. If you’re not waivered I wouldn’t worry about it.

I applied SNA 10 years ago before enlisting, and I love my job. I put both, and was 100% not applying again. If you’re waivered for age, I’d consider applying for both. Of course I also got 7/7/8 ATSB, so that could have been it too. Either way I’m stoked!!!