• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

KSchik11

I GOT THE CALL! Pro-rec YES Class 06-23!!!

I know some of you guys were taking my getting in for granted due to the 69/9/9/9 ASTB but I had many issues with my application. First, age waiver, I'm 32, turning 33, and will be almost 34 by the time I'd finish OCS. They'll be signing my death certificate soon.

Second, my GPA was calculated at way below a 2.5. That's below what the copy-paste usually says at the bottom of results about how they didn't accept anyone with below a 2.5 GPA. I don't know if I should be proud of this or not but the board change the text to reflect that they let me squeak by along with an NFO. I made plenty of excuses for this in my motivational statement and even had a separate document (waiver?) to sign about my GPA. I guess they're letting anyone in now.

Third, medical waiver. During MEPS they heard a heart murmur and also I had apparently failed the depth perception vision test. For the murmur an off-site MEPS doc at a follow-up appointment diagnosed me with Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP) and I got an automated letter in the mail from DOD that it was a disqualifying condition but my recruiter said a medical waiver will be fine and apparently it worked. Turns out MVP is one of those things with varying severity and the doc probably said no-factor or non-symptomatic, and I've been a high-level recreational endurance athlete my whole life and had no idea. MVP is covered in the navy docs medical PDF I pasted below and even though I got the medical waiver and pro-rec Y I'm still pessimistic about getting NAMI-whammied as soon as I get to OCS. I wish there was a way for me to get a full flight physical before I leave my life behind. As for the vision I have 20/20 and never needed correction so the depth perception is a surprise. I retook the depth perfection test and despite feeling like I performed similarly to my first time they apparently accepted it. I stuck on the 3rd or 4th set of shiny circles.

View attachment 34071
Hell yeah! Congrats!

vbts13

The winners here are those that went for SNFO, the dashboard had 78 who applied and there were 54 selected, some of those applied for both SNA and SNFO so per dashboard a no for SNFO should be a rarity and they only but a few in FY 23.

The good and bad for SNA is that they way over-selected again (good if on this board, bad if looking at future board), technically to fix things they should have had very low selections but instead selected 101 with it looks like all in FY 23, that combined with the 150 they already moved from FY 22 to FY 23 means there are now over 250 SNA already picked for FY 23 and FY 22 only had a goal of 286 SNA's. This means not only have they used up nearly all of the FY 23 spots they now still have a problem of too many SNA's in selected status, some will drop for various reasons but still not good.

I would be extremely nervous if I was thinking about trying for SNA in May given what just happened.

ouch, as someone who finished their packet this past month... only god knows when I'll actually get to apply

exNavyOffRec

I GOT THE CALL! Pro-rec YES Class 06-23!!!

I know some of you guys were taking my getting in for granted due to the 69/9/9/9 ASTB but I had many issues with my application. First, age waiver, I'm 32, turning 33, and will be almost 34 by the time I'd finish OCS. They'll be signing my death certificate soon.

Second, my GPA was calculated at way below a 2.5. That's below what the copy-paste usually says at the bottom of results about how they didn't accept anyone with below a 2.5 GPA. I don't know if I should be proud of this or not but the board change the text to reflect that they let me squeak by along with an NFO. I made plenty of excuses for this in my motivational statement and even had a separate document (waiver?) to sign about my GPA. I guess they're letting anyone in now.

Third, medical waiver. During MEPS they heard a heart murmur and also I had apparently failed the depth perception vision test. For the murmur an off-site MEPS doc at a follow-up appointment diagnosed me with Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP) and I got an automated letter in the mail from DOD that it was a disqualifying condition but my recruiter said a medical waiver will be fine and apparently it worked. Turns out MVP is one of those things with varying severity and the doc probably said no-factor or non-symptomatic, and I've been a high-level recreational endurance athlete my whole life and had no idea. MVP is covered in the navy docs medical PDF I pasted below and even though I got the medical waiver and pro-rec Y I'm still pessimistic about getting NAMI-whammied as soon as I get to OCS. I wish there was a way for me to get a full flight physical before I leave my life behind. As for the vision I have 20/20 and never needed correction so the depth perception is a surprise. I retook the depth perfection test and despite feeling like I performed similarly to my first time they apparently accepted it. I stuck on the 3rd or 4th set of shiny circles.

View attachment 34071
aviation has no minimum but typically less than 2.5 is rare as that is considered a bit too low, I have seen several picked less than 2.5 and it is the case of high ASTB makes them overlook things.

exNavyOffRec

If May is cancelled, how do things look SNA wise for the board after that? I want so badly to be an SNA, but if it's really THAT bad I'm afraid that even 8's or even all 9's won't be enough for someone like me with a 2.5 GPA
not great, but until NRC cancels you have to move forward as if it is happening, I would be on it going on for at least SNFO selections.

I'm not too worried about the selection numbers. It looks like everyone who got selected for Nov has ocs Oct-Dec of next year and that is the most recent selections. For people on the may and Jul boards, they will likely be going to ocs in the first half of 2023. No way the navy goes more than 6 months without sending pilots through ocs.

FloridaDad

not great, but until NRC cancels you have to move forward as if it is happening, I would be on it going on for at least SNFO selections.
If one is selected SNFO in May, but won't ship till say, January 2023, could you accept the SNFO spot, reapply solely for SNA in August, and then switch if accepted there before the original OCS date?