• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

Val135

If one is selected SNFO in May, but won't ship till say, January 2023, could you accept the SNFO spot, reapply solely for SNA in August, and then switch if accepted there before the original OCS date?
I think you have to reject or just not accept until the next board. I think it may be only possible if you were not considered for both. I doubt you would keep your date. One thing I learned in the Navy is make sure that you will be happy with all the options you give them.

krae3443

Yeah, I've been looking at the security clearance stuff and I think they define "minimal" and "experimental" as like less than 5 times or something, which puts me in the clear, but it's still nerve wracking.
Lol when the investigator called they had more questions on my travel to China and never once mentioned the other. Mine was also less than 5 times and no issues. Just be honest that’s the most important thing.

Mike D.

Contributor
Not psych but currently applying for ODS as an EHO. They did some fancy math to combine my undergraduate and graduate GPA. I don't know the formula exactly I'd have to ask. There's also a lot more room for letters and interview scores i believe.
ODS for medical is odd, some are very competitive and some are not as competitive. The requirements are also a lot different so you would need to talk to a medical recruiter and most GENOFF recruiters would have no idea.
Thank you both for the info

GoldLeaf

So, any tips on making my package better for the next go around in May? Like I said, I scored a 53 6/8/6 on my second attempt so I don’t know if I should risk taking the ASTB again. A few people had lower scores than me and were picked up so I think they’re pretty decent. Should I try and incorporate flight hours? Still stunned over the news so I’m trying to give myself the next best possible chance. I also have a waiver for LASIK but all of my medical came back good and I waited the 6+ months to apply. Hoping that wasn’t the issue because I’m seeing 20/15 now

any advice would be welcome. Thanks y’all!
You have better scores than I had. Not sure what your Motivational statement, LORs, and flight exp looks like but I wouldn’t retest. Stick with what you got and make revision in those areas.

FloridaDad

I think you have to reject or just not accept until the next board. I think it may be only possible if you were not considered for both. I doubt you would keep your date. One thing I learned in the Navy is make sure that you will be happy with all the options you give them.
I'd be ok if I was rescheduled! I'm just wondering if there's a way for me to do the smart thing and apply for both in May, and then when I inevitably get SNFO instead of SNA try once more for just SNA since I have to wait so long to ship to OCS anyways while keeping that SNFO yes available.

enzy24

Lol when the investigator called they had more questions on my travel to China and never once mentioned the other. Mine was also less than 5 times and no issues. Just be honest that’s the most important thing.
When did you get a call from the investigator?
I was accepted in August but never had any contact regarding clearance besides an evaluation form sent to my current employer

krae3443

When did you get a call from the investigator?
I was accepted in August but never had any contact regarding clearance besides an evaluation form sent to my current employer
They only call for more questions or information. Since I had spent one month in China and had other foreign travel for periods of 1-2 months. China being more of a focus than the others. I had to provide extra references. So basically they call to get more information like to elaborate on work history or travel or addresses.

enzy24

They only call for more questions or information. Since I had spent one month in China and had other foreign travel for periods of 1-2 months. China being more of a focus than the others. I had to provide extra references. So basically they call to get more information like to elaborate on work history or travel or addresses.
Ok, so no contact should be a good thing then lol. I was really expecting issues from living in Israel for 2 years. Obviously a friendly country but I had to note that every single contact from there has a military affiliation lol

Dboom85

Banned
if you travel outside of the US when applying for a security clearance they literally send someone to where you've been

smpl_dude

What parts of China did you go to? I had a great time there with my wife a few years ago. Beijing was hip-happenin.

krae3443

Ok, so no contact should be a good thing then lol. I was really expecting issues from living in Israel for 2 years. Obviously a friendly country but I had to note that every single contact from there has a military affiliation lol
Yeah no contact means they did not need more information