• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

I'm not too worried about the selection numbers. It looks like everyone who got selected for Nov has ocs Oct-Dec of next year and that is the most recent selections. For people on the may and Jul boards, they will likely be going to ocs in the first half of 2023. No way the navy goes more than 6 months without sending pilots through ocs.
nope not correct, it is about spots allocated per year not how often they send people through. They have to abide by the manning document.

FY 22 has 286 spots, FY 23 currently has at least 251 selected with this board and the ones pushed, if the hard FY 23 goals come out and bump up FY 23 to where FY 21 was then you could see an increase but FY 23 hard goals won't come out until Nov 22 to Feb 23

Mike D.

Contributor
I get that, I have know sailors that have had stellar careers but their college grades were bad and could not get selected, a few went LDO/CWO
Do you know if it is this competitive for ODS? I've considered going to graduate school for clinical psychology and am wondering how hard it would be to get in to ODS. I would ask my recruiter but haven't heard anything for a few months. (undergrad in psych).

vbts13

nope not correct, it is about spots allocated per year not how often they send people through. They have to abide by the manning document.

FY 22 has 286 spots, FY 23 currently has at least 251 selected with this board and the ones pushed, if the hard FY 23 goals come out and bump up FY 23 to where FY 21 was then you could see an increase but FY 23 hard goals won't come out until Nov 22 to Feb 23
when those goals come out will that be something we can find online?

exNavyOffRec

Looking at the past dashboards and due dates I have a theory of what happened.

The hard goals came out a bit early at the end of October, the board due date was 17 September and it was supposed to start 1 November, NRC typically will get the list of applicants to the board a few weeks in advance with the selection goals, these numbers do align with what the original goals were. If there was a miscommunication or lack of communication then the board could have selected numbers that were estimated before the hard goals came out.

Looking at the past dashboards and due dates I have a theory of what happened.

The hard goals came out a bit early at the end of October, the board due date was 17 September and it was supposed to start 1 November, NRC typically will get the list of applicants to the board a few weeks in advance with the selection goals, these numbers do align with what the original goals were. If there was a miscommunication or lack of communication then the board could have selected numbers that were estimated before the hard goals came out.
Are those number goals available on the n31 dashboard or from an officer recruiter?

Awkbird

Do you know if it is this competitive for ODS? I've considered going to graduate school for clinical psychology and am wondering how hard it would be to get in to ODS. I would ask my recruiter but haven't heard anything for a few months. (undergrad in psych).
Not psych but currently applying for ODS as an EHO. They did some fancy math to combine my undergraduate and graduate GPA. I don't know the formula exactly I'd have to ask. There's also a lot more room for letters and interview scores i believe.

exNavyOffRec

ODS for medical is odd, some are very competitive and some are not as competitive. The requirements are also a lot different so you would need to talk to a medical recruiter and most GENOFF recruiters would have no idea.

Awkbird

ODS for medical is odd, some are very competitive and some are not as competitive. The requirements are also a lot different so you would need to talk to a medical recruiter and most GENOFF recruiters would have no idea.
Yeah and they seem to be harder to find. I had to call and email like 3 people before I was finally put in touch with a Medical recruiter.