• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

bcal

So, any tips on making my package better for the next go around in May? Like I said, I scored a 53 6/8/6 on my second attempt so I don’t know if I should risk taking the ASTB again. A few people had lower scores than me and were picked up so I think they’re pretty decent. Should I try and incorporate flight hours? Still stunned over the news so I’m trying to give myself the next best possible chance. I also have a waiver for LASIK but all of my medical came back good and I waited the 6+ months to apply. Hoping that wasn’t the issue because I’m seeing 20/15 now

any advice would be welcome. Thanks y’all!
Get flight hours, I was 53 6/7/6. But I had my private pilot and my instrument rating. Maybe that was the thing that helped. So sorry about that. You will get it the next time you apply in my opinion if you just get some flight experience

Mike D.

Contributor
So, any tips on making my package better for the next go around in May? Like I said, I scored a 53 6/8/6 on my second attempt so I don’t know if I should risk taking the ASTB again. A few people had lower scores than me and were picked up so I think they’re pretty decent. Should I try and incorporate flight hours? Still stunned over the news so I’m trying to give myself the next best possible chance. I also have a waiver for LASIK but all of my medical came back good and I waited the 6+ months to apply. Hoping that wasn’t the issue because I’m seeing 20/15 now

any advice would be welcome. Thanks y’all!
Also check out the feedback portion at the bottom of the results list. Might help you tailor your package to what the board is telling you they want to see. If I reapply, I def plan to get a PPL.

Mike D.

Contributor
How can I scan that with my phone if I’m reading this on my phone?

I feel so old even asking that
take a screenshot of it then go to your camera roll and you can open it in groupme.....unless you're one of those weird android users then idk

exNavyOffRec

Also check out the feedback portion at the bottom of the results list. Might help you tailor your package to what the board is telling you they want to see. If I reapply, I def plan to get a PPL.
That feedback info is the same info they have been putting out with the board results for like 15 years, they change some numbers but it is always the same and when the data from NRC is pulled it doesn't really line up with what the feedback part says.

Mike D.

Contributor
That feedback info is the same info they have been putting out with the board results for like 15 years, they change some numbers but it is always the same and when the data from NRC is pulled it doesn't really line up with what the feedback part says.
Understood. I can't believe some of the scores that got picked up on the low end and some that did not get picked up on the high end. The only correlation I can see is age. Old guys got hurt on this one!

exNavyOffRec

Understood. I can't believe some of the scores that got picked up on the low end and some that did not get picked up on the high end. The only correlation I can see is age. Old guys got hurt on this one!
aviation is one that historically was not kind to those above the age.

rtwodr

Spent more of the whole day dragging my feet because of the pro rec no but I’m over it now. For the unlucky ones who are hoping the May board isn’t canceled, what are your plans for the next board? Thankfully, since the May board, if it isn’t canceled, is so far away that we have sufficient time to study and improve our ASTB and overall package.

Any of you down to create some sort of study group or something where we just share our resources and what not?

Dboom85

Banned
Spent more of the whole day dragging my feet because of the pro rec no but I’m over it now. For the unlucky ones who are hoping the May board isn’t canceled, what are your plans for the next board? Thankfully, since the May board, if it isn’t canceled, is so far away that we have sufficient time to study and improve our ASTB and overall package.

Any of you down to create some sort of study group or something where we just share our resources and what not?
I'm going to MEPS on monday to get sutures from my surgery checked out then I'm working with my recruiter to get my application all set for submission. I don't think it would be smart for me to take the ASTB again. I might try to get more LOR at some point