• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

Tgonzo29

Haven’t heard from my recruiter yet, but from the looks of that list I’m a second time pro rec N after raising my Astb scores to 50 7/9/7 and becoming a flight instructor. A bit beside myself right not knowing what else I have to do to get selected. Ultra frustrating…… but good luck to everybody who got selected. Go celebrate! I’ll wait til my recruiter reaches out to edit the spreadsheet.

FloridaDad

Haven’t heard from my recruiter yet, but from the looks of that list I’m a second time pro rec N after raising my Astb scores to 50 7/9/7 and becoming a flight instructor. A bit beside myself right not knowing what else I have to do to get selected. Ultra frustrating…… but good luck to everybody who got selected. Go celebrate! I’ll wait til my recruiter reaches out to edit the spreadsheet.
Is it possible they were concerned about not being able to get you to graduating OCS before your 32nd birthday? @exNavyOffRec I know I've asked this before, but should those of us above 30 start talking with our recruiters about getting "pre-emptive" age waivers just in case they decide not to take us over concern about how long it'll take to for us to get to OCS? I'm starting to get concerned that this will become a major issue.

Man that sucks. Were you missing recommendations or extra curricular activities?

Tgonzo29

Man that sucks. Were you missing recommendations or extra curricular activities?

I volunteer a ton of time as mentioned in my statement… I’m currently the operations officer for a Commemorative Air Force and have done other volunteer aviation events. My recruiter seemed pretty confident I’d get selected so I’m not sure what it is. I have some minor moral waivers from a while back and had a low college grade gpa…. Things I can’t really do anything about now. And I may need an age waiver if not commissioned by feb 23’. I am working on my CFII and now starting my multi after not getting selected. I work in aviation 7 days a week. I don’t get it.

rec letters were updated last submission….I submitted another 2

Mike D.

Contributor
I volunteer a ton of time as mentioned in my statement… I’m currently the operations officer for a Commemorative Air Force and have done other volunteer aviation events. My recruiter seemed pretty confident I’d get selected so I’m not sure what it is. I have some minor moral waivers from a while back and had a low college grade gpa…. Things I can’t really do anything about now. And I may need an age waiver if not commissioned by feb 23’. I am working on my CFII and now starting my multi after not getting selected. I work in aviation 7 days a week. I don’t get it.

How low was that GPA

Tgonzo29

Two consecutive no’s have to say something is concerning with my package. I just wish there was a more obvious way to ID and fix it. I feel like I’ve done all I can right now. Gotta see what I can do on what will likely be my final submission before I start shifting more eggs to the airline basket

exNavyOffRec

I think you identified the issue.

Those with high ASTB and non-select this is the number 1 reason, and to get passed on 2 boards they might be trying to send a message.

exNavyOffRec

Do you need a waiver if an item has been expunged/sealed from your record, but it's otherwise clean?
Nothing is ever sealed or expunged when it comes to the federal government, that is a huge misunderstanding when it comes to the legal world.

I had a guy that had a shoplifting charge for a pack of gum when he was 13/14 that had been "sealed/expunged" and that popped on his background check.