• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Anyone with the at-board list able to tell us how many total applicants there are?

Curious to see how low it is. I imagine recruiters weren’t pushing aviation at all and the spreadsheet is smaller than usual.
Just speculation, but, seeing that the board doesn’t meet until May 22, I’m guessing it’s going to be at least another week or 2. Maybe even longer… Hopefully sooner.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
How long after submitting does it usually take to get confirmation back that your package has been submitted to the board? They confirmed that my medical records are good. I have no waivers and I’m not missing anything. Just curious if anyone knows.

exNavyOffRec

Anyone with the at-board list able to tell us how many total applicants there are?

Curious to see how low it is. I imagine recruiters weren’t pushing aviation at all and the spreadsheet is smaller than usual.
The at board list doesn't have to be posted and it can be posted before or after the board starts

gtownjake

So most likely results should be out end of June?
Average wait time for the previous few boards was around a month, there's a page on the drive that shows the numbers. As for your question about knowing if youre submitted, its up for your OR to communicate that with you, otherwise you'd have to wait to see the at-board list to confirm for sure but that's obviously too late anyways. My OR simply told me everything was good to go and successfully submitted so Im just riding with that.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Average wait time for the previous few boards was around a month, there's a page on the drive that shows the numbers. As for your question about knowing if youre submitted, its up for your OR to communicate that with you, otherwise you'd have to wait to see the at-board list to confirm for sure but that's obviously too late anyways. My OR simply told me everything was good to go and successfully submitted so Im just riding with that.
I’m AD so I submitted everything on my own. I’ve gotten emails back but just not a confirmation yet.

exNavyOffRec

If you are just wondering how many applicant just to know that is one thing, but low number of applicants doesn't necessarily increase a person's chances. The board doesn't have to use all of the spots it is allocated to use at a board, you also wouldn't know how well the applicants did on the ASTB, it could be a small board but the recruiters may have only encouraged those to submit with 8's and 9's, or many could have legal waiver, or not.

The only thing an at-board list will tell you is that if you are on the list then your application should be reviewed by the board, but that is no guarantee.

FlyingGamecock

If you are just wondering how many applicant just to know that is one thing, but low number of applicants doesn't necessarily increase a person's chances. The board doesn't have to use all of the spots it is allocated to use at a board, you also wouldn't know how well the applicants did on the ASTB, it could be a small board but the recruiters may have only encouraged those to submit with 8's and 9's, or many could have legal waiver, or not.

The only thing an at-board list will tell you is that if you are on the list then your application should be reviewed by the board, but that is no guarantee.
Yeah yeah for sure. I'd assume most people that applied have good scores. I was just curious to see how many people applied to this board compared to others. I imagine it would be smaller based on the circumstances, as well as how small the spreadsheet.

It will be interesting to see how many they end up selecting this board. I'd like to hope it's a normal amount, but it seems that won't be the case.

esmbenbenek

I’m in a pretty weird situation. I applied for the OCT board a few months ago believing I was only applying for SNA. Turns out someone slipped NFO in there and I ended up being selected. After a lot of thought, I decided to drop NFO and retake the ASTB to boost my chances at getting selected for SNA. Retook my ASTB a few weeks ago and went from a 7/8/7 to a 6/6/6. Today I got a call from someone at my recruiting districts HQ saying that if I wanted to, I could accept NFO again and leave for OCS in a few months. Now I’m back to deeply contemplating and stressing over accepting this all over again. Figured you guys would find this situation entertaining.

Edit: still have one retake remaining

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I’m in a pretty weird situation. I applied for the OCT board a few months ago believing I was only applying for SNA. Turns out someone slipped NFO in there and I ended up being selected. After a lot of thought, I decided to drop NFO and retake the ASTB to boost my chances at getting selected for SNA. Retook my ASTB a few weeks ago and went from a 7/8/7 to a 6/6/6. Today I got a call from someone at my recruiting districts HQ saying that if I wanted to, I could accept NFO again and leave for OCS in a few months. Now I’m back to deeply contemplating and stressing over accepting this all over again. Figured you guys would find this situation entertaining.

Probably a sign between the lower ASTB score and being offered a second chance to go…

eranger24

Retaking when you had a 7/8/7 is wild tbh