• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
looks like I won’t be in this board. With any luck I’ll be on the next July Navy Board and the next Marine board. Good luck to you all and I hope to see you out at the fleet some day.

gtownjake

looks like I won’t be in this board. With any luck I’ll be on the next July Navy Board and the next Marine board. Good luck to you all and I hope to see you out at the fleet some day.
Intentionally out of the board or kit delays? I just today got confirmation my package is in.

Brand new, just signed up and hanging out in this thread until a July thread opens up because I highly doubt I could get my packet done in time for April 7th. Been stressing out about this packet for the last few weeks, happy to see there is an entire community doing the same.

gtownjake

Brand new, just signed up and hanging out in this thread until a July thread opens up because I highly doubt I could get my packet done in time for April 7th. Been stressing out about this packet for the last few weeks, happy to see there is an entire community doing the same.
There’s been quite a few people on here skipping this board, I’m sure you guys could get a good thread going early.
Taking the ASTB tomorrow, prayers up.
Best of luck! Don’t stress it, come prepared and hit it out of the park.

I took the AFOQT a couple of years ago but getting a pilot slot through AF OTS is ridiculously difficult right now.

WOFT on the other hand is starting to look more and more enticing.
Yeah, I'm starting to agree too. afoqt I took it once many years ago, but going the guard route for usaf or the army is looking like a great option right about now even with the competitiveness. Plus I feel like winging would still happen quicker in usaf and army than in the Navy right now with these delays and backlogs. The more I go through this process the more I realize guard life seems nicer. Navy was the only branch I was considering going AD.

ElPrez1400

Does anyone know the likelihood of a board this July or August? Or are we going to have to wait until next May to submit?

York235

My recruiter just called and told me there are no slots for SNA this board and only SNFO slots. Is this what you guys have been hearing too? He also said that he's heard talks of the rest of the boards for this year getting canceled.

gtownjake

My recruiter just called and told me there are no slots for SNA this board and only SNFO slots. Is this what you guys have been hearing too? He also said that he's heard talks of the rest of the boards for this year getting canceled.
Im saving you from the replies you're gonna get, so Id say delete this lol

Its all speculation and speculation does absolutely nothing for anyone. The board schedule still reflects a FY24 & 25 quota meaning no one knows. And like others have said, unless your OR has an inside connection its just hearsay.

The board isn't cancelled yet, and it still says SNA so as far as I'm concerned its happening and I'm submitting. Now if you all want to willingly drop your package feel free, gives us who stick it out a better chance at selection. ;)

Although I will say, there's always a chance you're the first one to get a call and post about it. But I suppose no one else has heard anything.

exNavyOffRec

Im saving you from the replies you're gonna get, so Id say delete this lol

Its all speculation and speculation does absolutely nothing for anyone. The board schedule still reflects a FY24 & 25 quota meaning no one knows. And like others have said, unless your OR has an inside connection its just hearsay.

The board isn't cancelled yet, and it still says SNA so as far as I'm concerned its happening and I'm submitting. Now if you all want to willingly drop your package feel free, gives us who stick it out a better chance at selection. ;)

Although I will say, there's always a chance you're the first one to get a call and post about it. But I suppose no one else has heard anything.
Remember FY 24 and FY 25 at this point should be those applying for BDCP, otherwise the issue they have now continues to exist.

If a person did apply to this board that is not BDCP and they put SNA and SNFO be prepared to be a SNFO.

BDavis11

Contributor
Remember FY 24 and FY 25 at this point should be those applying for BDCP, otherwise the issue they have now continues to exist.

If a person did apply to this board that is not BDCP and they put SNA and SNFO be prepared to be a SNFO.
I'll be happy to be an officer in the aviation community at this point. My time is running out rather quickly.