• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

FlyingGamecock

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the ASTB scores are a bell curve grading system. So your test score are based on your performance compared to the other people taking the test.

If I’m right and that’s the case, might be harder to get good scores right now. Everyone knows it’s competitive, so people are probably studying a lot harder.

Just something to keep in mind. Could be how you got lower scores the second time around.

esmbenbenek

Not saying they did but it’s quite possible your recruiter slipped it on your app without telling you
Oh I’m pretty sure someone did. I remember reading in the May 2022 board thread how someone had that happen to them so I made sure to double check my application. Still snuck it in there somehow.

exNavyOffRec

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the ASTB scores are a bell curve grading system. So your test score are based on your performance compared to the other people taking the test.

If I’m right and that’s the case, might be harder to get good scores right now. Everyone knows it’s competitive, so people are probably studying a lot harder.

Just something to keep in mind. Could be how you got lower scores the second time around.
If a person took it 4 years ago and another person took it tomorrow with both answering exactly the same then the scores would also be exactly the same, that is why scores don't expire.

gtownjake

Has anyone created a thread for the July board yet?
I suggested it to those who are skipping this board, wouldn't be a bad idea to get the ball rolling considering it follows the May board rather quickly. Not to mention the fragility of the May board (or so we think) could push a lot of folks to July.

Cajun

SNA ProRecY
I suggested it to those who are skipping this board, wouldn't be a bad idea to get the ball rolling considering it follows the May board rather quickly. Not to mention the fragility of the May board (or so we think) could push a lot of folks to July.
I 2nd this. I'm applying July, been hanging out on this one waiting for the July one to start up.

I wish everyone applying was on the spreadsheet so we could see how many people are applying Pilot/NFO and their scores
I just like to pretend that if their not on the spreadsheet then they don't have good scores. I somewhat assume that those that actually take the effort to find this page and are here are probably at least somewhat better than the average candidate.

gtownjake

I just like to pretend that if their not on the spreadsheet then they don't have good scores. I somewhat assume that those that actually take the effort to find this page and are here are probably at least somewhat better than the average candidate.
This is exactly my thought process. Granted there’s always outliers, so I try not to overthink it.

I get a bit angry when people think we shouldn’t be worried about this stuff. I get the need to avoid speculation, but we are legitimately dealing with life changing plans. This can make or break a lot of our careers, and it’s dumb not to be committed and attentive to details.

exNavyOffRec

You would be surprised how few find this site, only a small group of my applicants new about it, and nearly all my applicants had 7's or higher.