• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
You would be surprised how few find this site, only a small group of my applicants new about it, and nearly all my applicants had 7's or higher.
Is there usually more SNA applicants vs SNFO applicants? It looks that way on the spreadsheet but just wondering. We won’t see the quotas for NFO until after the board convenes, right?

Boole

What are we supposed to do with this terrible waiting game? Theres only so much youtube I can watch and filght sim to play.

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
What are we supposed to do with this terrible waiting game? Theres only so much youtube I can watch and filght sim to play.
I'm afraid there's not much else, other than running/working out and pretending you're a fighter pilot while playing VTOL VR

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
That’s what a Chief was telling me. So we won’t know how many applicants got selected until results come out end of June?

It will say on the selection results how many were selected for pilot and NFO. It will also show who was not selected, and for those who will never be able to apply again…

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
It will say on the selection results how many were selected for pilot and NFO. It will also show who was not selected, and for those who will never be able to apply again…
How do we access the selection results? I know a guy that got selected and he sent it to me to show he got selected last board. I don’t want to wait for BOL or Command to notify because that could be a few days after, if I’m lucky enough to get selected. Also, I saw 3 people get do not apply again. Why is that?

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
How do we access the selection results? I know a guy that got selected and he sent it to me to show he got selected last board. I don’t want to wait for BOL or Command to notify because that could be a few days after, if I’m lucky enough to get selected.

Active duty personal on here have access to it. My recruiter found out 2 weeks early last time because he had a connection at the command. So I didn’t see the official pdf until 2 weeks after.

Also postings of board results are quickly removed for security reasons on here… just an FYI

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Active duty personal on here have access to it. My recruiter found out 2 weeks early last time because he had a connection at the command. So I didn’t see the official pdf until 2 weeks after.

Also postings of board results are quickly removed for security reasons on here… just an FYI
I’m AD, where would I go to access it when the time comes? Are you applying to this board? If so, can you recruiter find out early?

FlyingGamecock

Based on the past couple of boards, about 28-35% of Prorec Ys for SNA are from the spreadsheet. So people not on the spreadsheet do have good scores and get selected

Jacksa71

I’m AD, where would I go to access it when the time comes? Are you applying to this board? If so, can you recruiter find out early?
If you go to the nov intel board thread, I believe it is on the 12 page or after it, there is a link to the share point.

exNavyOffRec

That’s what a Chief was telling me. So we won’t know how many applicants got selected until results come out end of June?
correct, and just because they are allocated X amount of spots to select for at a board that doesn't mean they have to fill all of those spots, usually with aviation there is no issue with qualified applicants.

gtownjake

Those of you that have flight experience, do you have your Instrument? Im a 100 hour Private, and trying to decide if getting my instrument is worth it considering what we are applying for. On one hand, this gives me an edge as a pilot (obviously) in the GA world, and may even give me confidence later down the road in Navy training. On the other hand, if everything goes as planned, I don't necessarily need to pay out of pocket to get the training as I would receive it later on.

Its a tough situation since its something that will boost confidence and acts as a "back-up" for lack of a better term. Otherwise Id devote those funds in other investment opportunities for my future.

Edit: I should clarify I have a general understanding on instrument procedures, charts, and have a basic level of training in that area. Id say what I know now would be enough to not make me scared of it later on...