• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

It looks like both boards are selecting for FY24/25 to me, so it would just come down to how many they wanted to pick per board but the overall amount of select goals could be relatively even since they're sustaining the same pool. I'm other words, you shouldn't stress yourself because there's not enough information to say any season is significantly more likely to select above other seasons.
It is normal for a board about this time to pick for current and next FY, but when they do that they only pick a percentage of the next FY as they don't know what the hard goals are for the next FY, in the case of SNA they already have a significant number of FY 24 waiting and FY 24/FY 25 would also count as those for BDCP. They should take actions to get back on track with normal operations.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
It is normal for a board about this time to pick for current and next FY, but when they do that they only pick a percentage of the next FY as they don't know what the hard goals are for the next FY, in the case of SNA they already have a significant number of FY 24 waiting and FY 24/FY 25 would also count as those for BDCP. They should take actions to get back on track with normal operations.
As an OR how did you feel about BDCP applicants? Were you ever worried that they would have a change of heart at the last minute?

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I heard that this May board is to fill the remaining SNA which is like barely any, but also to fill the SNFO slots which there is a good amount remaining for FY24. Before they updated the board schedule May only had FY 24, and July had FY24/FY25

Boole

Anyone who hasn't yet graduated will be rejected, I just heard from my recruiter. Even a guy here that graduates my college next week. Over 200 applicants total at the board, so they trimmed off everyone who is still in college.

Been looking through this thread for a while and am seeing a lot of talk about test scores. Forgive me if this has already been said, but does anyone know how much value the board places in other parts of the application vs scores? i.e. if someone has a couple years of relevant work experience and average scores, compared to someone with 9’s but is fresh out of school?

FlyingGamecock

Anyone who hasn't yet graduated will be rejected, I just heard from my recruiter. Even a guy here that graduates my college next week. Over 200 applicants total at the board, so they trimmed off everyone who is still in college.
Interesting. Wonder what the thought process is with that. As someone who graduates next week, this kinda sucks. Looks like my package will be pushed to July then

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
How does your recruiter know the number? Can he see what designator each applicant is applying for?

Boole

Interesting. Wonder what the thought process is with that. As someone who graduates next week, this kinda sucks. Looks like my package will be pushed to July then
Yeah Idk I'm guessing there were just a lot of very qualified applicants, meaning similar test scores (8s) and +3.0 GPAs. So they had to pick something to narrow it down. (all speculation recruiter didn't say this stuff)

burnac0

Pro Rec Y SNA
If I fall under this category of someone who is a year out from graduation but also has slightly less than I want on the ASTB (56 6/6/7) do I get rolled into May? Or do I apply again? Or final question should I just wait until October and retake ASTB following some time on the sim? Do my flight hours/varsity football even really matter relative to my score?

FlyingGamecock

If I fall under this category of someone who is a year out from graduation but also has slightly less than I want on the ASTB (56 6/6/7) do I get rolled into May? Or do I apply again? Or final question should I just wait until October and retake ASTB following some time on the sim? Do my flight hours/varsity football even really matter relative to my score?
If you want to be a pilot, definitely need to retake. In my opinion, no point in applying right now with those scores. Get some good time in on the simulator and aviation flash cards, then take the test when you’re ready.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
If you want to be a pilot, definitely need to retake. In my opinion, no point in applying right now with those scores. Get some good time in on the simulator and aviation flash cards, then take the test when you’re ready.
Just hoping for an NFO spot. Hopefully most of the applicants are shooting for Pilot. I have a great package but not sure what the board is looking for.

Is it really supposed to be that bad? I have similar scores, but those are from two years ago when I went through the Marine office and they said “All you have to do is pass… just google a pdf to study the night before and you’ll be fine.” LOL.
Obviously the Navy is a different beast, but I can’t imagine that average to slightly above average scores would put down the entire app.