• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

FlyingGamecock

Just hoping for an NFO spot. Hopefully most of the applicants are shooting for Pilot. I have a great package but not sure what the board is looking for.
Definitely apply for NFO then with those scores. Retake if needed for a later board. Rumors are that they want NFOs right now so you should be good to apply.

gtownjake

Anyone who hasn't yet graduated will be rejected, I just heard from my recruiter. Even a guy here that graduates my college next week. Over 200 applicants total at the board, so they trimmed off everyone who is still in college.
Well... that's not good. But to be entirely honest I don't know how much I believe this. Seems like a weird metric to filter by that I haven't seen being used before (or even mentioned on this site). Not to mention, most people selected May of last year are STILL waiting for OCS... so a 12 month graduation limit seems like everyone would be making it in time just fine. I could be just getting salty right now but this seems very weird.

Well... that's not good. But to be entirely honest I don't know how much I believe this. Seems like a weird metric to filter by that I haven't seen being used before (or even mentioned on this site). Not to mention, most people selected May of last year are STILL waiting for OCS... so a 12 month graduation limit seems like everyone would be making it in time just fine. I could be just getting salty right now but this seems very weird.
everything you hear on this site is all speculation, always.

justin2023

As someone who graduates in 2 weeks that would suck if thats actually what they are doing. But yeah like what’s being said its all speculation so the only thing we can do like always is wait and see

gtownjake

everything you hear on this site is all speculation, always.
Lol I know, I was about to say Boole is just passing on what was heard. It was just funny that we put so much emphasis on scores being the most important factor, and now all of a sudden when it gets down to crunch time they "cut everyone who hasn't graduated" which implies people with good packages are cut.

Also, I'm starting to hate the word speculate!!! ?

Lol I know, I was about to say Boole is just passing on what was heard. It was just funny that we put so much emphasis on scores being the most important factor, and now all of a sudden when it gets down to crunch time they "cut everyone who hasn't graduated" which implies people with good packages are cut.

I mean scores and GPA certainly are the most important factors. Now saying no to apps that haven’t graduated? Maybe? Who knows? If that was the case I can’t imagine it would be a pro Rec N but rather just push the package to another board. Again, all speculation.

Boole

Yeah, this is just what I was told. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky, and they won't cut you, but I doubt it. I graduate in December, and I've got good scores and a total package, but my recruiter says we won't try applying again till January.

gtownjake

Yeah, this is just what I was told. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky, and they won't cut you, but I doubt it. I graduate in December, and I've got good scores and a total package, but my recruiter says we won't try applying again till January.
Man! That would suck if that’s the case. I’m not trying to tell you what to do, but considering I’ve never heard anything like that from anyone I’d say ask around. There’s a reason they let you apply 12 months out.

I also graduate in December and my recruiter has just treated this like I’ve already graduated aside from getting my course plan from my advisor.

FlyingGamecock

Is it really supposed to be that bad? I have similar scores, but those are from two years ago when I went through the Marine office and they said “All you have to do is pass… just google a pdf to study the night before and you’ll be fine.” LOL.
Obviously the Navy is a different beast, but I can’t imagine that average to slightly above average scores would put down the entire app.
Since I started looking at this site (probably a year or so now), I've always heard a 7 PFAR is basically the minimum to be accepted and even then its a coin flip. Granted the SNA boards have been very competitive over the last year and now there are low acceptance rates. So I believe it really is that bad.

I don't even feel good about my 7/8/7. Honestly feel like it's a bare minimum to get accepted right now. I don't believe I would get picked up this board or maybe even any boards this year if they continue selecting low numbers.

But hey, nothing we can do about it. Just excited for the opportunity, I'll get it eventually if I keep trying.

Since I started looking at this site (probably a year or so now), I've always heard a 7 PFAR is basically the minimum to be accepted and even then its a coin flip. Granted the SNA boards have been very competitive over the last year and now there are low acceptance rates. So I believe it really is that bad.

I don't even feel good about my 7/8/7. Honestly feel like it's a bare minimum to get accepted right now. I don't believe I would get picked up this board or maybe even any boards this year if they continue selecting low numbers.

But hey, nothing we can do about it. Just excited for the opportunity, I'll get it eventually if I keep trying.
Agreed on the last point. Been at this almost 4 years now with various branches but know it will eventually work out.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y

You just happened to show up at a strange time, COVID really messed a lot of things up, and a lot of us are right now feeling those effects. I guarantee you that with great power competition on the horizon and normal attrition rates, we'll get to a new normal that doesn't feel quite so punishing. Some of the things the Navy is doing right now might just be part of the correction process, but they won't last forever, though hopefully they don't also burn otherwise good candidates.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
As someone who graduates in 2 weeks that would suck if thats actually what they are doing. But yeah like what’s being said its all speculation so the only thing we can do like always is wait and see

I anticipated going in right after I graduated May 2022. Here I am not selected yet… Good thing I got a good job out of college and didn’t depend on the Navy.

I’m not going for this board either, still waiting for the right time. You have to make changes to your packet or they’ll normally reject it if you reapply so that’s why I’m not going for this board.