• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Coming from someone that has been in for 3 years. It’s going to happen all the time. You aren’t around people from the same town as you anymore. Instead it’s people from all over the world, with different goals, attitudes, etc. I currently work with an individual that seems to have it out for me and in some way always makes the comment that “oh he’s going to be an officer” or things along that nature. It’s obviously negative and comes off slightly jealous at times. If you easily get offended or your feelings get hurt, take this time to work on that because it’s just how it goes.
It's important to remember that just because you work with someone and may be friendly with them, that nobody likes to see others succeed beyond them. The person you're referring to probably doesn't even realize that they're undercutting you or alienating you from your work center, they're just trying to characterize you in such a way as to not feel like they need to compete with you to not feel bad that you're doing something with your career and they aren't. You can either ignore those people or address them by either telling them they don't need to treat you like that or getting them thinking about making career moves themselves. I've seen the exact problem you're describing with some of my junior guys before, and, like you said, it comes from a place of jealousy - they are projecting their feelings of inadequacy onto you. My only disagreement is that people either say destructive things because they are comfortable saying them or they don't know they're doing it, and the person who wants them to stop has to do the uncomfortable, unpopular thing to address them and so usually that behavior goes unchecked and we just tell ourselves that it is what it is.

PM me if you need to talk about work center problems, but also consider mentioning it to your LPO or chief, they've all dealt with it at some point.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Would they let you know the next class or just automatically bump you if you mention it?
If you're AD, they treat OCS administratively similar to going to a C school, so you'll work with your CoC on that one, but the timing of the boards and the primary schools is such that you're usually not shipping out within a week, so like Jacob said or maybe your NCC.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Bruh that comment is from Wednesday. Get unsalty and have a great weekend
Not too heap on here and sorry if I'm mischaracterizing what you said, but if you want to enter the aviation community and succeed, part of your fitrep will be based on your interactions with your peers and subordinates, so it may be worth it to start trying to make impactful, constructive contributions through your interactions.
LMFAO that was very tongue in cheek comment to what was clearly not a very serious question...

Last edited:

gtownjake

Although nothing is set in stone yet, it’s interesting to see that the excel sheet hasn’t grown too much.

Only 41 Excel applicants compared to over 70 on the other boards (109 in October). Definitely a smaller pool, so I’ll be anxious to see how it plays out.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Although nothing is set in stone yet, it’s interesting to see that the excel sheet hasn’t grown too much.

Only 41 Excel applicants compared to over 70 on the other boards (109 in October). Definitely a smaller pool, so I’ll be anxious to see how it plays out.
I also found that interesting. Is there just a lot of people not applying or are they staying hidden or don’t know about the spreadsheet. Keeps you on the edge of your seat.

gtownjake

I also found that interesting. Is there just a lot of people not applying or are they staying hidden or don’t know about the spreadsheet. Keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Lol I think the same thing everyday. Could be a few stragglers that get their info on in the coming weeks but I highly doubt we break 50 people before the board.

I’m just wondering if it’s proportional to the amount of people NOT on the sheet in comparison to other boards…

For me MEPS was backed up so I missed the deadline and have to wait for the July board. It's possible I'm not the only one affected ?‍♂️

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Lol I think the same thing everyday. Could be a few stragglers that get their info on in the coming weeks but I highly doubt we break 50 people before the board.

I’m just wondering if it’s proportional to the amount of people NOT on the sheet in comparison to other boards…
Just hoping to secure one of those NFO spots since the spreadsheet shows a lot of applicants are interested in Pilot. Hoping the others not on the sheet bring that same energy. Lol

Average Monke

Hey guys, I started a thread for the July board and made a new sheet to add your stats. To everyone who has their application in for the May board, best of luck to you all! I hope to see each and everyone of you in the fleet.

Average Monke

Just hoping to secure one of those NFO spots since the spreadsheet shows a lot of applicants are interested in Pilot. Hoping the others not on the sheet bring that same energy. Lol
I wouldn’t stress too much. If you have a decent packet you are likely to get picked up. Low lower selection rates have affected SNAs a lot more than SNFOs. From what I’ve being hearing from people who’ve just gone through primary, the Navy is pushing SNFOs through the pipeline much quicker than SNAs.

Average Monke

I thought you were on this board?
Nope. I put my scores in the spreadsheet because there wasn’t a July page up yet. I’m in an interesting situation at the moment. My recuiter is certain they aren’t taking SNA applicants for the foreseeable future and won’t submit my packet. Obviously, a lot of people in this thread have heard otherwise. I’m not sure how to proceed other than pushing my recuiter to get my packet submitted for the July board.