• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

umijs

I also found that interesting. Is there just a lot of people not applying or are they staying hidden or don’t know about the spreadsheet. Keeps you on the edge of your seat.
I was planning on applying to this board 6 months ago but I decided I am just going to wait until the next fall board rolls around. I have a feeling a lot of others have the same plan

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Lol I think the same thing everyday. Could be a few stragglers that get their info on in the coming weeks but I highly doubt we break 50 people before the board.

I’m just wondering if it’s proportional to the amount of people NOT on the sheet in comparison to other boards…
Probably pretty similar, about 30% of people make it to the AW board and find the spreadsheet and volunteer their info. I'm guessing that last year they over-recruited, then burned a lot of people when they knee-jerked and some probably gave up while others are just waiting for things to get normal again.

So why not just apply anyway? They may have a very low acceptance rate this board but I see no harm in trying or am I missing something?

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
So why not just apply anyway? They may have a very low acceptance rate this board but I see no harm in trying or am I missing something?
A lot of people take the six month waiting period between applications - unless you make a major change to your package - as gospel and don't want to lock themselves out of applying again this year.

A lot of people take the six month waiting period between applications - unless you make a major change to your package - as gospel and don't want to lock themselves out of applying again this year.
Ahhh okay didn't realize there was a waiting period. Makes sense

It's not really advertised anywhere but that's the commonly understood rule. Seems like a strange way to punish people if they apply when quotas are bad. They can't stop you from trying to apply though.
Yea seems like a weird policy to me. Especially in a current cycle like this where someone who would have been a lock 2 years ago might not get picked up

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Yea seems like a weird policy to me. Especially in a current cycle like this where someone who would have been a lock 2 years ago might not get picked up
Though, that policy might be geared more toward people that work under NRC (officer recruiters) since fleet applicants don't really have anyone to tell them no, it would depend on it getting caught, which may be a long shot, especially considering the volume of packages being submitted.

I get the idea, though, in a normal circumstance; if they didn't select your package it was because you weren't as strong of an applicant as others and you need to work on that. It seems lewd to penalize strong candidates for bad timing, but that might help to explain the otherwise tepid response we've seen this board.

gtownjake

I honestly think there’s no harm in trying for this board. On one hand, it gets cancelled and we just apply for July. On the other, they really don’t have any selects left and they just push all of us.

Only way it would be bad is if they really do select, and they only select 10-20% or less. Then a lot of us are hosed, especially for the July board.

Reading this post over I feel like I’m just stating the obvious lol but I’m just gonna seeeeend it.

Jacksa71

I have thought about this the last few days. If an applicant applies for both designators and the board is only looking at SNFO applicants. Doesn’t that mean the package still gets a look at SNA at the next available board? It’s like applying for AMDO as number two and pilot as number one. AMDO board convenes before SNA board, regardless of selection, that individual package still goes to the pilot board. Wouldn’t the same apply here?

So July will be my first application so kinda naive. I'm guessing the reason people are feeling more optimistic for the July board is it's for a different fiscal year so should have new slots for pilot?

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I honestly think there’s no harm in trying for this board. On one hand, it gets cancelled and we just apply for July. On the other, they really don’t have any selects left and they just push all of us.

Only way it would be bad is if they really do select, and they only select 10-20% or less. Then a lot of us are hosed, especially for the July board.

Reading this post over I feel like I’m just stating the obvious lol but I’m just gonna seeeeend it.
Hey if you're already in there, don't sweat it, you've done what you can do and now there's just waiting and learning what might happen next. There's a lot of stuff that's out of your control or based in information that you don't have, so part of the difficulty of getting this job is giving it your best shot and then not self fragging while you wait. Keep building the resumé/eval and building up for the PRT in case you end up applying again.
I have thought about this the last few days. If an applicant applies for both designators and the board is only looking at SNFO applicants. Doesn’t that mean the package still gets a look at SNA at the next available board? It’s like applying for AMDO as number two and pilot as number one. AMDO board convenes before SNA board, regardless of selection, that individual package still goes to the pilot board. Wouldn’t the same apply here?
I could be wrong but I find it highly likely that if they don't select any pilot quotas at this board, your package would automatically be submitted for consideration at the next board, but if you don't hear anything by about 3 weeks after this board I would start pushing some buttons to see if you need to manually submit your package for the next board. Probably through your OR or officer program coordinator at your command /CoC.
So July will be my first application so kinda naive. I'm guessing the reason people are feeling more optimistic for the July board is it's for a different fiscal year so should have new slots for pilot?
It looks like both boards are selecting for FY24/25 to me, so it would just come down to how many they wanted to pick per board but the overall amount of select goals could be relatively even since they're sustaining the same pool. I'm other words, you shouldn't stress yourself because there's not enough information to say any season is significantly more likely to select above other seasons.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230422_205933_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230422_205933_Drive.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 32

Jacksa71

Hey if you're already in there, don't sweat it, you've done what you can do and now there's just waiting and learning what might happen next. There's a lot of stuff that's out of your control or based in information that you don't have, so part of the difficulty of getting this job is giving it your best shot and then not self fragging while you wait. Keep building the resumé/eval and building up for the PRT in case you end up applying again.

I could be wrong but I find it highly likely that if they don't select any pilot quotas at this board, your package would automatically be submitted for consideration at the next board, but if you don't hear anything by about 3 weeks after this board I would start pushing some buttons to see if you need to manually submit your package for the next board. Probably through your OR or officer program coordinator at your command /CoC.

It looks like both boards are selecting for FY24/25 to me, so it would just come down to how many they wanted to pick per board but the overall amount of select goals could be relatively even since they're sustaining the same pool. I'm other words, you shouldn't stress yourself because there's not enough information to say any season is significantly more likely to select above other seasons.
Not too worry about it. It is what it is. If I get a non-select then I’ll keep pushing until they tell me to stop or get accepted in another program. Don’t have one cookie jar, have multiple of them. I’ll be able to open one of them soon “hopefully.”