• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

How hard is this hard no to family ties thing?
In regards to aviation I had applicants with family ties to Vietnam, Russia, and various other countries that could be considered countries of concern and none had any issue.

I have had applicants that were going for Nuke or IWC designators that had ties to those countries and were denied, such as mom and dad were green card holders.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
I’m at 3 years May4 and as much as I want to go asap if I get accepted. I wouldn’t mind not graduating OCS until May5 2024. That’s how it works, right?

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I’m at 3 years May4 and as much as I want to go asap if I get accepted. I wouldn’t mind not graduating OCS until May5 2024. That’s how it works, right?
You get prior enlisted pay if you have completed four years of enlisted service prior to commissioning.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
You get prior enlisted pay if you have completed four years of enlisted service prior to commissioning.
I figured, well as much as I want to go, it doesn’t hurt the fact that you’re making a larger amount every month. No it’s not about the money, but it makes the wait a little better.

I figured, well as much as I want to go, it doesn’t hurt the fact that you’re making a larger amount every month. No it’s not about the money, but it makes the wait a little better.
More money never hurts. O1E is nice but then when you get to O3E plus time in service the money really starts flowing. I'm looking at getting into real estate because I don't know what I'll do with all the extra income and it seems like a good long term investment.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
More money never hurts. O1E is nice but then when you get to O3E plus time in service the money really starts flowing. I'm looking at getting into real estate because I don't know what I'll do with all the extra income and it seems like a good long term investment.
I couldn’t agree more. Especially with already having 4+ years under your belt, then the 4 years that it will take to get to O3E putting you at almost 10 years in service and then factor in the pay raise every year and BAH. Definitely best to do something with that extra money

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Just don't be that person that gobbles up properties then raises the rent 1:1 with BAH/BAS increases even though you're only paying marginally more for tax each year... Looking at you, Oak Harbor.

Mouselovr

Contributor
How hard is this hard no to family ties thing?
I have multiple peers who are dual passport holders with most of their family being foreign. One even held 3.
Another couple of folks who are married to foreigners.

Declare it. Your clearance will take longer, but it will be fine.

Just don't be that person that gobbles up properties then raises the rent 1:1 with BAH/BAS increases even though you're only paying marginally more for tax each year... Looking at you, Oak Harbor.
When I was in Maryland we had 5 of us in a 5BR house paying 500 a month in rent which more than covered the mortgage so the owner was pocketing cash and we all made 2200 a month in BAH. We called it the frat house. Would like to do something similar in Pensacola.