• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

jacobsolo

I know people are always quoting rumors from their recruiters and others get upset but I'm gonna ask anyways.

So my recruiter told me several weeks ago that the board was closed out to pilots so I kinda already moved on to waiting for the next one. But it appears a lot of people here are invested in this board so I'm guessing what my recruiter told me isn't official?

Also I've seen talk in this thread of a July board but I've yet to find a board schedule out confirming this.

esmbenbenek

I know people are always quoting rumors from their recruiters and others get upset but I'm gonna ask anyways.

So my recruiter told me several weeks ago that the board was closed out to pilots so I kinda already moved on to waiting for the next one. But it appears a lot of people here are invested in this board so I'm guessing what my recruiter told me isn't official?

Also I've seen talk in this thread of a July board but I've yet to find a board schedule out confirming this.
I think recruiters are just telling new people who come into their office they aren’t accepting any more applicants. My recruiter said he is only sending applicants who were already well into the process to the board.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I think recruiters are just telling new people who come into their office they aren’t accepting any more applicants. My recruiter said he is only sending applicants who were already well into the process to the board.
Same here, my recruiter is so annoyed by everyone saying they want to be a pilot... He won't take anyone unless they've had their packet completed or just about done.

exNavyOffRec

Same here, my recruiter is so annoyed by everyone saying they want to be a pilot... He won't take anyone unless they've had their packet completed or just about done.
There are very few circumstances where an OR can not move forward with an application or help a person submit one. It basically comes down to NRC saying they are not accepting anymore applications or if they put a quota where each NTAG/NRD can only submit a specific number and they reach that number. If an applicant was to tell the right (or wrong person for the OR) what was going on the application would then move forward.

nefalexa

I have multiple peers who are dual passport holders with most of their family being foreign. One even held 3.
Another couple of folks who are married to foreigners.

Declare it. Your clearance will take longer, but it will be fine.
I’m pretty much requested that I renounce my citizenship if selected, that’s the condition. My family is in one of the “bad” countries that are on your do not fly list. And I did declare everything

Mouselovr

Contributor
I’m pretty much requested that I renounce my citizenship if selected, that’s the condition. My family is in one of the “bad” countries that are on your do not fly list. And I did declare everything
My recruiter insisted EVERYONE had to renounce dual citizenship before attending OCS. I held citizenship with one of our closest allies.

This was not the case as many of my peers listed above were never informed of this and have held onto their passports to far more “controversial” countries. After commissioning, both their secrets then top secrets went through without renouncing citizenships.

I can easily get mine back, so it’s water under the bridge. Be cautious if you’re forever cutting ties with less flexible countries bc it might not be needed. The policy is the need to be "willing" to renounce if requested. If you are told by a recruiter to renounce it before going to OCS, id recommend at least questioning it before starting the process. If it is never mentioned again, don't submit anything.

Last edited:

nefalexa

My recruiter insisted EVERYONE had to renounce dual citizenship before attending OCS. I held citizenship with one of our closest allies.

This was not the case as many of my peers listed above were never informed of this and have held onto their passports to far more “controversial” countries. After commissioning, both their secrets then top secrets went through without renouncing citizenships.

I can easily get mine back, so it’s water under the bridge. Be cautious if you’re forever cutting ties with less flexible countries bc it might not be needed. The policy is the need to be "willing" to renounce if requested. If you are told by a recruiter to renounce it before going to OCS, id recommend at least questioning it before starting the process. If it is never mentioned again, don't submit anything.
Was not aware it’s just the “willing” part, this is useful info thank you!

exNavyOffRec

Things may have changed but the cruitcom specifically required renunciation, I know one officer that didn't and several years later it was caught and his clearance was temporarily suspended until renunciation was complete. @formemight have better insight

FlyingGamecock

Anyone looking into/actively pursing coast guard aviation? Recently started thinking about trying for a commission with them while I wait for the next SNA board if I don’t get picked up

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Anyone looking into/actively pursing coast guard aviation? Recently started thinking about trying for a commission with them while I wait for the next SNA board if I don’t get picked up

Marine route is my backup! Or enlisting and dropping my packet later on. Honestly I work in finance it pays well, but after trading for 4 years, working long hours and destroying my eyes I’m ready to get out lol. I could double my salary on the side in the markets and can continue to do so in the future

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Marine route is my backup! Or enlisting and dropping my packet later on. Honestly I work in finance it pays well, but after trading for 4 years, working long hours and destroying my eyes I’m ready to get out lol. I could double my salary on the side in the markets and can continue to do so in the future

Looking for something more physically demanding than sitting all day. I run before work and lift after work and that is how I’m happy. Moving around a being active…

gtownjake

Looking for something more physically demanding than sitting all day. I run before work and lift after work and that is how I’m happy. Moving around a being active…
If that’s the case I’d definitely try the Marine route, they seem to prefer fit individuals above all else. (Scores aside)

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
If that’s the case I’d definitely try the Marine route, they seem to prefer fit individuals above all else. (Scores aside)

Already started the process with them! Got a 300 Class 1 PFT which is max everything. They said just with that it doesn’t matter what my scores are they’ll take me haha

Just like the Navy more in my opinion, want to give it my best shot first.