• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

BDavis11

Contributor
Interesting. I think I read here somewhere that the fiscal year begins sometime during the fall and goes into the next year. But in this case I was thinking fall 2025 to 2026.
New fiscal year starts October 1 every year. So currently we are in FY 23. 24 will begin in October

exNavyOffRec

October 1, 2024 thru September 30, 2025 according to Google

Interesting. I think I read here somewhere that the fiscal year begins sometime during the fall and goes into the next year. But in this case I was thinking fall 2025 to 2026.

New fiscal year starts October 1 every year. So currently we are in FY 23. 24 will begin in October
This gets interesting when referring to OCS programs, a person could be selected in June 2023 which is during the FY 23, be selected for a spot during FY 25, leave for OCS in Aug 2024 which is FY 24 and then commission in November 2024 which is FY 25.

The best thing is to not worry what FY the board is in, that doesn't matter the FY you are selected for matters and then -3 months, that will give you the rough window of when those for that YG will ship. Example FY 24 is Oct 2023 to Sept 2024, OCS shipping for that FY would be about July 2023 to June 2024, which would result in YG FY 24 commissioning Oct 2023 to Sept 2024.

BDavis11

Contributor
This gets interesting when referring to OCS programs, a person could be selected in June 2023 which is during the FY 23, be selected for a spot during FY 25, leave for OCS in Aug 2024 which is FY 24 and then commission in November 2024 which is FY 25.

The best thing is to not worry what FY the board is in…
Just focus on being selected and let the rest fall into place honestly is the best thing any of us can do

FlyingGamecock

Anyone not been to MEPS yet? My recruiter should be sending in the paperwork sometime soon for me to go. Worried about that depth perception test, it’d suck to get this far in the process and fail that. I mean it is what it is if I do fail, just wanted to see if anyone was in the same boat

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Anyone not been to MEPS yet? My recruiter should be sending in the paperwork sometime soon for me to go. Worried about that depth perception test, it’d suck to get this far in the process and fail that. I mean it is what it is if I do fail, just wanted to see if anyone was in the same boat
I saw some dude on Reddit the other day saying how he wanted to be a pilot but failed the depth perception test and how he thinks it's a flawed test and everyone was reassuring him it's not. Not trying to scare you but it's something you either have or you don't. The test itself is nothing really to fear unless you already feel you have depth perception issues.

FlyingGamecock

I saw some dude on Reddit the other day saying how he wanted to be a pilot but failed the depth perception test and how he thinks it's a flawed test and everyone was reassuring him it's not. Not trying to scare you but it's something you either have or you don't. The test itself is nothing really to fear unless you already feel you have depth perception issues.
Never been told I have depth perception issues by an eye doctor, but I do feel like I have slightly below average depth perception so we’ll seen what happens lol

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Never been told I have depth perception issues by an eye doctor, but I do feel like I have slightly below average depth perception so we’ll seen what happens lol

Yeah you’ll do a depth perception test and then you’ll do another depth perception test looking through a machine and it will show two different things to each eye that will align correctly if your depth perception is correct.

Not sure if anyone else had that but I did. It was like a ladder sideways showing in one eye and a bar in the other. The bar is supposed to align at some step numbered on the ladder. There was another image also I can’t remember. Then after that you’ll do the color blindness book and the normal depth perception book with the circles and one sticks out.

ChandosT

The color blindness test is what takes a lot of men especially by surprise. Color blindness is way more common in men than in women and a lot of people live their whole lives not realizing they're slightly colorblind. I remember overhearing a conversation the eye doctor was having with some kid while I was there about how he's colorblind and the kid was swearing up and down he isn't.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
The color blindness test is what takes a lot of men especially by surprise. Color blindness is way more common in men than in women and a lot of people live their whole lives not realizing they're slightly colorblind. I remember overhearing a conversation the eye doctor was having with some kid while I was there about how he's colorblind and the kid was swearing up and down he isn't.

Yeah I was also shocked by the amount of people who had depth perception issues and/or color blindness issues. No explaining or explanation will get you out of it either haha . They check it down on your sheet and off to the next test you go!

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA

Best bet is to go to an eye doc now. If you’re in color just call the University health center and say you want to double check your depth perception. They should let you do it for free no cost. God forbid there is an issue, you have time now to fix it, just YouTube how to strengthen your depth perception. I know there is ways to overcome it if you have it mildly.

ChandosT

Yeah I was also shocked by the amount of people who had depth perception issues and/or color blindness issues. No explaining or explanation will get you out of it either haha . They check it down on your sheet and off to the next test you go!
And there's nothing you can do about it either. LASIK/PRK can correct eyesight and astigmatism but those are just either you got it or you don't. It sucks but you'd rather DQ at MEPS and be given options in your control like trying for SWO or something else before getting to OCS and getting NAMI Whammied.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
And there's nothing you can do about it either. LASIK/PRK can correct eyesight and astigmatism but those are just either you got it or you don't. It sucks but you'd rather DQ at MEPS and be given options in your control like trying for SWO or something else before getting to OCS and getting NAMI Whammied.

I believe LASIK/PRK can correct it if your eyes allow it. All depends on what’s going on with your eyes and the shape of them.