• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
I believe LASIK/PRK can correct it if your eyes allow it. All depends on what’s going on with your eyes and the shape of them.
Actually yeah you're right I literally just googled it, it CAN correct depth perception in some patients especially if you have myopia. Color blindness though there's not a lot that can be done for those light cones in your eyes lol

FlyingGamecock

I had Lasik this past summer and have had a several eye exams done over this past year. But I’ll definitely check out some ways to improve my depth perception just in case

FlyingGamecock

It also wouldn’t be the end of the world for me either, while yes I would prefer to be a pilot, I’d be cool with some other designators too. First choice would definitely be supply

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I had Lasik this past summer and have had a several eye exams done over this past year. But I’ll definitely check out some ways to improve my depth perception just in case

I got PRK and went through with no problems. I also know what you mean by your depth perception feeling off. I feel that way also at certain times.

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
I got PRK and went through with no problems. I also know what you mean by your depth perception feeling off. I feel that way also at certain times.
I got PRK while in was in the navy back in 2016 and other than some natural eye regression mine also went through no problem. I never personally had any issue with depth perception though.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I got PRK while in was in the navy back in 2016 and other than some natural eye regression mine also went through no problem. I never personally had any issue with depth perception though.

Yeah I wouldn’t say depth perception issues. It’s more my brain getting used to it. My dominate eye was my right eye before and now it’s my left eye so that could be it. My right eye gets dry fast so my vision is still fluctuating in that eye compared to my left that healed in like 2.5 weeks haha.

nefalexa

Yeah I wouldn’t say depth perception issues. It’s more my brain getting used to it. My dominate eye was my right eye before and now it’s my left eye so that could be it. My right eye gets dry fast so my vision is still fluctuating in that eye compared to my left that healed in like 2.5 weeks haha.
PRK was the best health investment I’ve ever made no cap. Seeing 20/10, I’m like the new bald eagle mascot for this country

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
PRK was the best health investment I’ve ever made no cap. Seeing 20/10, I’m like the new bald eagle mascot for this country

Same here. I swear I see better now than what I did with contacts. I’m at 20/15. My right eye gets dry fast not sure if you have one eye that gets dry fast. I heard it’s common and goes away over the years.

nefalexa

Same here. I swear I see better now than what I did with contacts. I’m at 20/15. My right eye gets dry fast not sure if you have one eye that gets dry fast. I heard it’s common and goes away over the years.
Keep using the eye drops they give you, no synthetic stuff, and it’ll help. My doc told me not to use anything but Blink Dry Eye and it makes a difference. It’s been a year and I barely get a dry eye ever.

FlyingGamecock

I had AWFUL vision before I got lasik. Not sure exactly what it was before but I could only see the two biggest set of letters at the eye doctor. Now I’m at 20/15 and it still amazes me when I look around, especially when I’m outside and can see all of the leaves and blades of grass

nefalexa

I had AWFUL vision before I got lasik. Not sure exactly what it was before but I could only see the two biggest set of letters at the eye doctor. Now I’m at 20/15 and it still amazes me when I look around, especially when I’m outside and can see all of the leaves and blades of grass
Grateful every day that we live at a time when this type of surgery is possible and is successful. So happy I never have to wear glasses

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Keep using the eye drops they give you, no synthetic stuff, and it’ll help. My doc told me not to use anything but Blink Dry Eye and it makes a difference. It’s been a year and I barely get a dry eye ever.

So you’d recommend the Blink Dry Eye drops?

nefalexa

So you’d recommend the Blink Dry Eye drops?
Absolutely. My doc explained how other eye drops have preservatives in them (and I looked at ingredients and since I work in food safety industry I did recognize some), which temporarily makes your eyes feel better but long term they’re not good. Basically they sorta get you to have to keep buying them. Blink doesn’t have that. You can also buy saline solution if you wanna go completely clean, but you gotta dilute it in some way that I can’t remember