• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
I may be interpreting this all wrong, but do you AD guys go through NAMI before applying and us non-AD do it later down the road?
I’m not 100% sure about non AD but after my med docs were complete, they were sent to NAMI and I got a verification letter that I added into my package before I sent it to Paul.

Gotcha. I know I’ve probably asked this before but board convenes 22May, they will make picks either the 29th or 30th since that Monday is Memorial Day and then results will post roughly how long are that?
The convene date is just the “scheduled” date. They could hold the board that day or days after. It could take them only a day to finish picking, could take them a couple. The selections are quick. It’s all the extra stuff after that varies result times. All you can do is hope for sooner results but expect to wait roughly a month.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
The convene date is just the “scheduled” date. They could hold the board that day or days after. It could take them only a day to finish picking, could take them a couple. The selections are quick. It’s all the extra stuff after that varies result times. All you can do is hope for sooner results but expect to wait roughly a month.
I guess that’s what always confused me just because the date would be one day, then it would say that they decided about a week later.

FloridaDad

I wouldn't hold your breath on quick results. Just tell yourself it will take at least a month, that way you can be happy if it's quicker than that.

Carolina Cruizer

Prorec Y-SNFO
I may be interpreting this all wrong, but do you AD guys go through NAMI before applying and us non-AD do it later down the road?
You submit the commissioning PE to CNRC. The NAMI portion is separate. It just makes sense to to it all at the same time if applicable. They'll redo all of the aviation Physical in Pensacola, but if you have access to a flight surgeon, they can go ahead and submit it for you. The SNA Physical is more comprehensive than the general commissioning (dialated eye exam, anthros, phorias).

gtownjake

You submit the commissioning PE to CNRC. The NAMI portion is separate. It just makes sense to to it all at the same time if applicable. They'll redo all of the aviation Physical in Pensacola, but if you have access to a flight surgeon, they can go ahead and submit it for you. The SNA Physical is more comprehensive than the general commissioning (dialated eye exam, anthros, phorias).
Thats what I was looking for thanks. Also I see people say to get an actual flight physical done before even applying to see if you're good to go, is that possible to do through the flight surgeon? Im all good but I feel like it wouldn't hurt to get a jump on it.

KHam

SNFO Pro Rec- Y
Trying to update the spreadsheet to show that I’m “at board” by highlighting my name in green. I’m having a hard time getting mine to be the same shade of green as everyone else’s though. Has anyone else had a problem with this and/or know how I can fix it?

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Trying to update the spreadsheet to show that I’m “at board” by highlighting my name in green. I’m having a hard time getting mine to be the same shade of green as everyone else’s though. Has anyone else had a problem with this and/or know how I can fix it?

Go to at-board column put Y

Carolina Cruizer

Prorec Y-SNFO
Thats what I was looking for thanks. Also I see people say to get an actual flight physical done before even applying to see if you're good to go, is that possible to do through the flight surgeon? Im all good but I feel like it wouldn't hurt to get a jump on it.
Yeah you can get a flight surgeon to do that. The main difference is the sna eye exam done by an optometrist and the anthros done by a tech who has that cert. It's definitely a good feeling to get your qual letter from NAMI even if just for the warm fuzzy feeling. Its also good to know your vision and refractions. Thats the biggest disqualifier. You can find out if you're PQ for SNA and SNFO or just SNFO.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Got it for you. You have to go under “at board” and put Y