• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Carolina Cruizer

Prorec Y-SNFO
only thing that worries me is the anthros, I hear those are a little weird.
Yeah for most people anthros are just a box to check. Unless you're really tall or really short and then your reach and stuff. Really tall 6'4 and up may not qual for jets, but it just depends on your sitting height and butt to knee measurements. You also gotta be at least 5'1 for most platforms then again depending on sitting height, etc. Also under 213 lbs for jets. For most people its uncommon to not qualify. Nami dictates that you have to qualify for at least 2 platforms

gtownjake

Yeah for most people anthros are just a box to check. Unless you're really tall or really short and then your reach and stuff. Really tall 6'4 and up may not qual for jets, but it just depends on your sitting height and butt to knee measurements. You also gotta be at least 5'1 for most platforms then again depending on sitting height, etc. Also under 213 lbs for jets. For most people its uncommon to not qualify. Nami dictates that you have to qualify for at least 2 platforms
Thats what Im a tad worried about, there's nowhere online to see the Anthro measurements for each pipeline like the AF has. Im 6'4" but my sitting height seems to fit all the AF jets. Not that I am overly concerned about it right now but definitely on my mind.

johnpauljones1776

Un-salted butter bar (non prior)
Thats what Im a tad worried about, there's nowhere online to see the Anthro measurements for each pipeline like the AF has. Im 6'4" but my sitting height seems to fit all the AF jets. Not that I am overly concerned about it right now but definitely on my mind.
Sitting height isn’t the kicker for jets usually, it’s your buttocks to knee measurement when you’re sitting. Don’t want to turn into a lt Dan type when you eject

exNavyOffRec

Gotcha. I know I’ve probably asked this before but board convenes 22May, they will make picks either the 29th or 30th since that Monday is Memorial Day and then results will post roughly how long are that?
The people who are on this board will have their fate decided by COB on the 22 or sometime on the 23rd, that is if they actually start the board on the 22nd. The longest portion of this process is what NRC does once the selections have been made.

To give an idea of how long it takes behind the scenes, prior to OCS dates needing to be figured out and attached to the selection list if a board started on Monday it would not be uncommon for the signed list of those selected to be sitting in the NRD OPO's email Wed am.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
The people who are on this board will have their fate decided by COB on the 22 or sometime on the 23rd, that is if they actually start the board on the 22nd. The longest portion of this process is what NRC does once the selections have been made.

To give an idea of how long it takes behind the scenes, prior to OCS dates needing to be figured out and attached to the selection list if a board started on Monday it would not be uncommon for the signed list of those selected to be sitting in the NRD OPO's email Wed am.
That’s good to hear! So let’s say they received that email Wednesday, the results could be posted soon after that?

Mouselovr

Contributor
I may be interpreting this all wrong, but do you AD guys go through NAMI before applying and us non-AD do it later down the road?
AD has the option to do the entire physical before OCS.
However, if the paperwork is submitted wrong, it will have to be redone in Newport.

Non priors, unless they applied to the MC as well, will do your flight physical in Newport.

Assuming you get the NAMI green light in Newport, once you get to Pensacola, they do the worlds fastest eye test, slap you with an upchit and out the door you go. You do not redo your flight physical.

exNavyOffRec

That’s good to hear! So let’s say they received that email Wednesday, the results could be posted soon after that?
Oh no, that was before they needed to figure out OCS dates, now the entire process takes weeks, sometimes nearly 2 months as they need to dig into all types of items now to get those OCS dates figure out.

What applicants don't want to hear is that you are on NRC's time, they will get the info out to you when they can, and honestly sitting between the selection made by board and results being sent out stage is a low priority status for them.

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Haven't been on here in a hot minute. My BDCP package got pushed from the october board to this one (to my knowledge) and it appears someone put me as a "Yes" for at board on the spreadsheet which I certainly didn't do. Could someone with the list DM me and confirm this? If it was a mistake no biggie, I wasn't expecting to be on this board after my recruiter told me BDCP was probably a dead dream for SNA.

I’m 6’ 4” and 217, DQ jets from sitting height and DQ rotary for over 213. NFO only since I miss the mark for two trainer pipeline which works out since I want to hunt subs anyway.

Do you remember the sitting height?

Not sure how accurate this is, but I initially failed NAMI physical on the Marine side having a 100 cm sitting height, and this is what I was referencing when trying to see what the specific measurements were. I think I was and still am a couple cm over for fighters, but am now overall qualified due to the new helo trainer being more height forgiving.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Was just about to ask about this. According to the restriction codes, I’d fit everything. But then again this document looks pretty old.

I’m the same height as a lot of others who have been DQd but I suppose everyone’s body is just built differently lol

It’s more about your sitting height than anything. As long as you don’t have a long torso or short torso and your body is “proportional” you’re going to be fine unless you are 6’4” that’s where most people DQ