• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Eh, written communication/phrasing can get tough sometimes, and I agree with you. That was a very passionate message and people are all on edge rn if you know what I’m trying to say lol
Yeah it’s pretty hard to correctly interpret text under nerves lol. I’ve seen many people with the NFO is inferior attitude, though. But you’re right that it’s probably indeed not the case with @FloridaDad so I apologize for getting heated, homie.

FloridaDad

Nothing inferior at all about NFO and it's a career I'm excited for if I'm given the privilege. My suck it up comment refers specifically to me having to swallow the disappointment of not being picked up for pilot and wanting more than anything to keep fighting for it, but having to do what was best for my family by going for the path still open to me. The October board was my one and only shot after over a year of waiting for the dream job, and I like many others, got disappointing news. That being said, I want to serve, I want to be in aviation, and I'm incredibly grateful that this path is still here for me.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Nothing inferior at all about NFO and it's a career I'm excited for if I'm given the privilege. My suck it up comment refers specifically to me having to swallow the disappointment of not being picked up for pilot and wanting more than anything to keep fighting for it, but having to do what was best for my family by going for the path still open to me. The October board was my one and only shot after over a year of waiting for the dream job, and I like many others, got disappointing news. That being said, I want to serve, I want to be in aviation, and I'm incredibly grateful that this path is still here for me.
Hang in there, and always remember that nightmares are dreams, too.
Ooo nice, But rumor has it to appease the NRC fates we have to break 100 pages… chop chop boys and girls
I hear they're giving 69 flight school slots to Ukrainians before Australia gives them F-18s and it's going to add at least 420 days into the existing backlog.

FloridaDad

Hang in there, and always remember that nightmares are dreams, too.
Oh I'm hanging in there. Super hopeful about this board since I have an 8 FOFAR instead of the 7 PFAR I was applying with last round. Excited to get a new chapter of life started and learn some amazing things. And I'm stubborn too, I'll find a way to fly whether it's military or civilian.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Oh I'm hanging in there. Super hopeful about this board since I have an 8 FOFAR instead of the 7 PFAR I was applying with last round. Excited to get a new chapter of life started and learn some amazing things. And I'm stubborn too, I'll find a way to fly whether it's military or civilian.
Get some golf time in while you wait. I don't know why but in my experience officers of all kinds seem obliged to play it and dress like they're on their way to play any time they're not in uniform. Then once you get commissioned you can show all your young bubbas how to play and they can all call you "pops".

8 is solid, bruv. That makes only 3 of us on the spreadsheet with an 8 FOFAR and SNFO listed.

Get some golf time in while you wait. I don't know why but in my experience officers of all kinds seem obliged to play it and dress like they're on their way to play any time they're not in uniform. Then once you get commissioned you can show all your young bubbas how to play and they can all call you "pops".
Not to mention the course at NAS Pensacola is the best military golf course I’ve played at and is dirt cheap. I’ll probably never break 100 but the drinks are cheap and the views are gorgeous.

exNavyOffRec

Yes both SNA and SNFO, and I pulled the numbers straight from previous AVT community health briefs. Specifically for YG23 they want to wing 960-something combined. But, I have seen that fluctuate between 950-1100 for previous year groups. In fact CNATRA reports they wing 1100 a year on their website. The ratio is in the ballpark of just under 25% of those being SNFO.

Accession wise, they accept typically 1300 a year across all sources to account for the pipeline attrition rate. OCS typically gets in the realm of 400 plus or minus 50 combined a FY for accession. USNA gets around 280, ROTC just shy of that, and there are typically around 20 from the merchant marine academies. That 400 number I pulled from the accession requirements memos since the former number is the winging requirement. The 67 number is taken directly from the last results memo, im assuming most of the YG-23 accessions are being supplied with PROREC-Ys from the 2021 boards which would account for the low PRORECs in the October board.
The current numbers have been NROTC about 300 USNA about 300 and OCS 300-400, there is what they want to wing and what the budget says they can. The accession numbers are what they will determine based on the attrition in the pipeline, now when it comes to OCS goals you have the SNA goal at a specific number and then the SNFO goal is about 45% of that.

FY 22 combined SNA and SNFO they shipped at least 395 and FY 23 last data I saw was just under 300 with what I was told they ended just over 300.

Yes most of the YG accessions are from boards 1+ years ago, but it doesn't matter when they were selected, just when they were commissioned, remember they had an over select of several hundred SNA's when the board met and the goal was cut but the adjustment wasn't made to cut the selections from that board (Nov 2021).