• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Being that OCS is like the "On/Off" switch for Pilots & NFOs, we can hope that the October selection gave them more confidence to select normally for this board. The low numbers caught a lot of people off guard being as low as they were, so hopefully they only over corrected back in Oct. As others have mentioned though we won't know until results are out and there's no point in holding our breath.

On another note, just for anyone wondering, the USNA posted that 286 graduates from Class of '23 will be going Pilot or NFO.

That number will almost never change it’s consistent every year. I’m almost positive they have to send that amount each year.

ROTC is different I heard it was very competitive but not a super low selection number. Just below average

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Never know how it will play out. If the same amount were selected as last board, it wouldn’t be that bad since there’s 100 less applicants. But it’s no where near the way it was a few boards ago

Also there has been no board since then so it’s actually like 400-500 less selected compared to a normal time

exNavyOffRec

Being that OCS is like the "On/Off" switch for Pilots & NFOs, we can hope that the October selection gave them more confidence to select normally for this board. The low numbers caught a lot of people off guard being as low as they were, so hopefully they only over corrected back in Oct. As others have mentioned though we won't know until results are out and there's no point in holding our breath.

On another note, just for anyone wondering, the USNA posted that 286 graduates from Class of '23 will be going Pilot or NFO.
Things are still skewed, once you hear people waiting only about 6 months to go to OCS for SNA and SNFO then it will be back to normal.

Do we think the prorec Ys will be getting OCS dates once the list releases? Or just be on an indefinite hold for a bit?
For what its worth I got Prorec Y for NFO in the October board and just got caught up with my recruiter last Friday and still don't have a ship date besides "FY24". I go on here to see if there is any movement in the pipeline. I'd expect a FY instead of a concrete ship date as there are still SNA's accepted before the OCT22 board that are still waiting to go out. but you never know.

NASA2Navy

SNA Dreamer
For what its worth I got Prorec Y for NFO in the October board and just got caught up with my recruiter last Friday and still don't have a ship date besides "FY24". I go on here to see if there is any movement in the pipeline. I'd expect a FY instead of a concrete ship date as there are still SNA's accepted before the OCT22 board that are still waiting to go out. but you never know.
My dad’s boss’ cousin’s dog actually just got promoted to Fleet Admiral and told me I’d be skipping OCS and going straight to TOPGUN in FY23 so…