• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Man this party took a turn lmao. First navy rule: nobody knows quotas till they’re announced, and it’s pointless to be depressed before they give results. Otherwise, you’ll just be bummed for longer. Whatever will be, will be, and you’ll figure it out.
They know the quotas, and recruiters should know if they know where to look, but most don't take the time or haven't been told. They can see how many per year and per board, they can have some variance but large amounts.

FloridaDad

Get some golf time in while you wait. I don't know why but in my experience officers of all kinds seem obliged to play it and dress like they're on their way to play any time they're not in uniform. Then once you get commissioned you can show all your young bubbas how to play and they can all call you "pops".
I spend my sports time and money (way too much of it) on HEMA (historical fencing) but that being said... I do have a crappy set of golf clubs in the garage and get insanely good discounts at the Disney golf courses so... maybe I should get a few rounds in so I'm not the worst golfer of the bunch as the old guy in Pensacola hahaha.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
The current numbers have been NROTC about 300 USNA about 300 and OCS 300-400, there is what they want to wing and what the budget says they can. The accession numbers are what they will determine based on the attrition in the pipeline, now when it comes to OCS goals you have the SNA goal at a specific number and then the SNFO goal is about 45% of that.

FY 22 combined SNA and SNFO they shipped at least 395 and FY 23 last data I saw was just under 300 with what I was told they ended just over 300.

Yes most of the YG accessions are from boards 1+ years ago, but it doesn't matter when they were selected, just when they were commissioned, remember they had an over select of several hundred SNA's when the board met and the goal was cut but the adjustment wasn't made to cut the selections from that board (Nov 2021).
Do attrited SNAs ever redesignate to SNFO or do they normally move into other communities?

FloridaDad

Subtle mandolorian reference
book-of-boba-fett-the-mandalorian.gif

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I spend my sports time and money (way too much of it) on HEMA (historical fencing) but that being said... I do have a crappy set of golf clubs in the garage and get insanely good discounts at the Disney golf courses so... maybe I should get a few rounds in so I'm not the worst golfer of the bunch as the old guy in Pensacola hahaha.
Hey, good fences make good neighbors, so whatever keeps you going. I'm glad at least someone is keeping up with their history, since for the most part people probably don't think much about them. Good on you ?

The current numbers have been NROTC about 300 USNA about 300 and OCS 300-400, there is what they want to wing and what the budget says they can. The accession numbers are what they will determine based on the attrition in the pipeline, now when it comes to OCS goals you have the SNA goal at a specific number and then the SNFO goal is about 45% of that.

FY 22 combined SNA and SNFO they shipped at least 395 and FY 23 last data I saw was just under 300 with what I was told they ended just over 300.

Yes most of the YG accessions are from boards 1+ years ago, but it doesn't matter when they were selected, just when they were commissioned, remember they had an over select of several hundred SNA's when the board met and the goal was cut but the adjustment wasn't made to cut the selections from that board (Nov 2021).
Gotcha, I think my numbers are pretty close to yours. I was just roughly averaging five years of data. My main hypothesis with all that digging is that we should see a return to that 300-400 per FY to meet the goals, assuming that October was the correction from that Nov 21 surplus. And thus are probably looking at quotas this board more similar to last May than Oct. Is that fair or too optimistic?

exNavyOffRec

Gotcha, I think my numbers are pretty close to yours. I was just roughly averaging five years of data. My main hypothesis with all that digging is that we should see a return to that 300-400 per FY to meet the goals, assuming that October was the correction from that Nov 21 surplus. And thus are probably looking at quotas this board more similar to last May than Oct. Is that fair or too optimistic?
There is still correcting to do, when you still have people waiting that were selected over a year ago and waiting that is not the best sign. When this happened to SWO and Intel years ago it took nearly a year of zero selection to make the correction.